05-10-2016 04:47 PM
After resetting my computer to factory settings, dolby audio is not working. This is the error message i receive:
"Your installation is missing components. please reinstall the audio driver and/or stand alone components available from your PC manufacturer's support site."
Sound is working on my computer, just not that application.
Thanks for the help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-10-2016 05:40 PM
Hi m4g1c0ff3 ,
Welcome to the Community Forums.
Try to uninstall all related dolby software / realtek / audio applications from Programs and features under control panel . Go to device manager and do the same for the audio / sound devices.
Reinstall the sound driver applicable to your OS version from the support site (click change product forthe appropriate y500 version you have) and restart.
Update us how it goes.
05-12-2016 09:57 AM - edited 05-12-2016 02:11 PM
I have the same problem, i have a Z40-70 and Dolby Digital Plus open but isnt working, you can choose the profile but doesnt equalize, i have this issue after the last windows 10 update a few days ago.
I hope you can help us, thanks in advance
EDIT: I solved after a few tries, i dont know if there is the best way but this is how i fix it:
1) Delete last windows update (after that, it didnt work)
2) Delete Audio driver from Device Manager and reboot (It didnt work)
3) Download the driver from my lenovo model page and install it (it didnt work)
4) Uninstall everything from Conexant audio and Dolby from my Computer and re-installing again (it didnt work), it appears my dolby driver version 184.108.40.206 isnt correct, i need the 220.127.116.11
5) Again unistall everything and restart
------------------------------------------------ From here it solves my problem
6) Go to my Computer (my system is in spanish so i dont know the right name for the english version, sorry) and then go to the Lenovo partition, then open the Drivers > Audio > Setup.exe this will install your Conexant audio driver, then restart.
7) After restart your laptor, do the same thing... Lenovo > Drivers > Audio > DolbyGUI > x64 > DolbyDigitalPlusHT.msi , then restart your computer and it should work fine.
Sorry for my english.
05-16-2016 08:27 AM
HI ryd3r ,
Thanks for the updates and posting the solution that worked for you .
I would also suggest to try disable automatic driver update from Microsoft as it would revert the same issue as soon as Windows apply its own update.
Dolby version for Windows 10 do not have some of the features on the original version.