Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan337
Paper Tape
Views: 698
Message 1 of 4

Y700 - ISK Touch - Touchscreen not working

Randomly, out of nowhere, the touchscreen on my Y700 stopped working. Upon a hard reboot it came back for all of 5 seconds a few times and stopped again and now it's just completely stopped. Under the device manager, there are NO Human Interface Devices and a USB shows an error "Uknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and an error code 43. I thought it was just drivers, but I did a completely fresh install of Windows 10 and still the same error persists. Do you all think this is a hardware problem? I am from the Caribbean and the service here is terrible. I am on my first replacement and had to wait almost 6 months for it because the touchpad on my first unit stopped functioning. I really don't want to go through this hassle again. Any suggestions ? Or is it just a faulty digitizer panel?

Gibby71
What's DOS?
Views: 656
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y700 - ISK Touch - Touchscreen not working

I am facing the same issue.  Any ideas on what causes this?

Time_Rider
Paper Tape
Views: 606
Message 3 of 4

I contacted the support. It looks like a hardware defect and the laptop should be returned for repair.

Jonathan337
Paper Tape
Views: 556
Message 4 of 4

The issue is extremely intermittent now. I have done multiple OS reinstalls and it works for all of 5 mins sometimes and stops. I am currently waiting for Lenovo to bring in a motherboard and screen for it, but i have been waiting extremely long and I'm still thinking and hoping it's a driver issue. Anyone else had this problem ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors