cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kahshi27
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 845
Message 1 of 3

Y700: Is it safe to use Lenovo Y700 Nerve Sense Extreme Cooling for long periods?

The new feature added to Lenovo Y700 Nerve sense is really great and my computer is not getting hotter than 69 degrees ( celsius ) .
I wonder if it's safe to use that feature for long periods and maybe even 24/7 ?
since it's really making a diffrence , I'm now thinking about overclcking my cpu with Inter Extreme Tuning Utility.

and secound question is : what is the maximum heat tollerance for Lenovo Y700?

Guru
Views: 813
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y700: Is it safe to use Lenovo Y700 Nerve Sense Extreme Cooling for long periods?

Any temps below 80C are good for a laptop.

Laptop CPU and GPU have more heat tolerance than a desktop. I would say more than 90c is a warning sign.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
ullah229
Token Ring
Views: 765
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y700: Is it safe to use Lenovo Y700 Nerve Sense Extreme Cooling for long periods?

Hey 👋 ,

Intel CPU are allowed to heat up to 105 degrees Celsius according to Intel.
But I also would say that 90 degrees Celsius is a alert signal and I also play games at 86 degrees Celsius and it's definitely not comfortable to play at these temps.

I also downloaded Nerve Sense but I am wondering, why there isn't a Extreme Cooling feature, although I have the same laptop as you.

Sorry for my bad English

#gamingforever🎮

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors