Options

2 Posts

03-27-2016

US

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 2

Y700 Problems - Multi-Touch Mousepad Gltches, Built-in Mic Not Working, Intel HD Driver Failure

2016-03-28, 1:23 AM

Hello fellow Lenovo users,

My first two copies of this laptop (open box) failed within days, but I love the design, specs, and price range so much that I decided to stick with the model and get a brand new one. While this one is at least stable, there are still some problems I am having, and I am wondering if there is anything I may be able to do to fix them (as far as driver updates/reinstallation, etc.).

The problems I have been having are:

1. There seems to be a problem with the mousepad recognizing multi-touches. When scrolling down a page with two fingers (moving them up), there are no problems. However, when scrolling up a page, the computer only seems to register every few movements.

Additionally, sometimes the mouse thinks that I have three fingers on it and does that weir alt-tab zoom thing. However, when I actually use three fingers, it seems to pick that up mostly fine. For some reason it just seems to register two fingers as three rather frequently (yes I am sure that my left hand or anything is not also on the mouse when my two fingers are).

2. The built-in mic does not work. It seems to only barely register sound in recording devices. It is nowhere near being functional; I have tried testing it on Skype and people can barely hear me whatsoever.

3. Intel HD Graphics Driver fails and then recovers occasionally.I don't want this to grow into a bigger problem, as the open box copies I got had display issues.

Thanks for any input.

Options

3848 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4374 Signins

49332 Page Views

• Views: 49332
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y700 Problems - Multi-Touch Mousepad Gltches, Built-in Mic Not Working, Intel HD Driver Failure

2016-03-28, 2:28 AM

For the mouse, I would try adjusting the sensitivity following the instructios here.   There are a lot of tweaks and adjustments that may make it more to your liking.     If that still fails, reinstall the Synaptics touchpad driver.

How to Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity (Note: this is for Thinkpads, but yours should be similar)

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht075745

See this article for your microphone issue as it may resovle that problem

Built in microphone is not working in Windows 10 – ThinkPad

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht104054

Not sure about your Intel Graphics issue... does your machine have the discrete nVidia GTX 960m card as well as the Intel APU?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete