Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Firmy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,512
Message 1 of 5

Y700 Touch 15ISK - Dolby Audio keeps switching to "Voice" preset

I have noticed that the Dolby Audio application keeps switching back to the "Voice" preset regardless of what I do or how many times I try to change it. I have opened up the Dolby Audio app itself and changed to a different preset as well as using the Lenovo Settings app to set the "Dynamic" preset as my default, but after some time I find that the settings will always get reverted back to "Voice" again.

In addition to these steps I have also tried updating my audio drivers to the most recent version, but this actually caused the Dolyb Audio app to be completely removed from my machine only to be brought back by first performing a System Restore and then performing a "Repair" operation from the "Uninstall or Change A Program" screen.

I finally located the original Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK and Dolby Audio X2 Windows APP installation media (located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\DAX2", not contained in the "LENOVO" hard drive partition which contains all other system drivers) and was able to update my driver and re-install the Dolby software to get it operational again, but the problem of switching profiles persists.

How do I prevent this profile switching, or is it possible to configure the Dolby Audio application to select a profile based on the application that is running? I find having to manually switch my sound profile back to the "Dynamic" preset a pain.

pedrao
What's DOS?
Views: 4,321
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y700 Touch 15ISK - Dolby Audio keeps switching to "Voice" preset

and yes, i found the solution after 2 hours battling!!!!!!

follow these steps in the IMAGE FILE!!!! (my windows is in portuguese but u can follow)

1  sounds

2 properties

3 advanced

4 UNCHECK THE SECOND, ONLY THE SECOND (already tested with every variable and only works with that)

dmesg
What's DOS?
Views: 3,536
Message 3 of 5

I was still having this problem after trying your fix (ThinkPad e570), every time I focused on Spotify, my Dolby settings would always change back to Music, despite trying mutliple times to set it to a custom EQ.

I found that in the Lenovo Settings application, under "Smart Settings" uncheck "Configure Dolby audio settings to the appropriate mode for different apps you are using". There's nothing smart about that setting... see image for reference.

Jaiden
What's DOS?
Views: 1,359
Message 4 of 5

You can use the Lenovo Vantage app, and go th audio/visual. Then, you should scroll down to dolby settings. You should click one of the options, and then disable application-based settings. hope this helps Smiley Happy
JulianBorracho
Paper Tape
Views: 550
Message 5 of 5

Hello everyone,

I use a Huawei Matebook m5 256 Go (HZ-W19, 1st gen tablet), and the audio is also tuned with the Dolby Audio X2 Software.

In fact, I had the same problem than other people with a Lenovo device like you. When I turned on the tablet from sleep mode, the Voice mode was automatically enabled. 

Firstly, to solve that problem, I simply disabled the DAX2 service on startup. But this solution wasn't great: If there is no difference between a "flat" curve, and no software at all, with a headphone... there's a big difference with speakers!!! The software treatment is really bluffing, even with no specific mode activated ("flat" mode), so it's essential.

So I had to look for a better solution. The fix suggested by pedrao doesn't work for me (not really, I'll explain), and there's no "Smart Settings" function provided by Huawei (or I don't know).

After hours of investigations, digging in the DAX2 files and folders, looking (and even spying in real-time) in the Registry, I found something.

In my case, to make it easy, a local process call audiodg.exe communicates with the DAX2 process, and pushes it to select the Voice profile.

The fix that I'm going to detail doesn't fix the source of the problem at all, but avoids audiodg.exe (or whatever program) to interfere with the Dolby Audio X2 software, by denying some permissions.

• First of all, it's better to try the fix suggested by pedrao. From my experience, exclusive control features seem impact on permissions.
  • Open the Registry (by searching regedit.exe in Cortana for exemple)
  • Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dolby\DAX (this is the folder containing a key called ActiveProfile, each profile has his own number (Voice = 3))
  • Right-click on the DAX folder, and open "Permissions..."
  • Try to "play" to find the sweet spot (nothing but you can change the profile using the software)

• In my case, the group "Everyone" was the owner of the folder, and had the full control of it. I set System as the owner in "Advanced", and I removed "Everyone" in the "Group or user names" list in the "Security" tab. 
  • Do not remove all permissions, or the software won't work at all! Also, you can brake your PC by editing the Registry so be careful!

Now it's seems to work well since two days, so I can enjoy a great sound on speakers, without undergoing this crappy Voice mode all the time.

Have a nice day Smiley Happy

Julian

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors