Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisMarques
Fanfold Paper
Views: 867
Message 1 of 6

Y700 Touch-15ISK Laptop static electricity

Hi,

I bought Y700 Touch-15ISK Laptop around 1 month ago and i noticed 2 thing that kind of bugs me.

First problem is very simple to explain but doesn't seem that easy to solve, everytime the laptop is plugged charging if you touch it you can feel static electricity . How bad can this be to the computer?

Second thing, after i turn of the computer if my mouse is plugged-in i can see the mouse is still on due to the light under it. Is it normal?

Thanks for your time and help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 855
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y700 Touch-15ISK Laptop static electricity

Hi Luis and welcome to the community,

Try plugging your adapter into another outlet.  If the outlet that it is plugged into isn't properly grounded, that could cause the shock.

If this is a wireless mouse with a dongle, it is normal for it to be on if the dongle isn't attached back to the mouse.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
LuisMarques
Fanfold Paper
Views: 848
Message 3 of 6

Hi topmahof,

Thanks for being so brief answering .

Although, the problem with static electricity happens at any outlet.
No, it's a laser cabel mouse, and even if the computer is off the the mouse light still one and activate if moved.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 794
Message 4 of 6

Hi Luis,

Does the mouse stay lit if you plug it into all the different USB ports?  If it stays lit at every port and you still are feeling a shock, then something is shorting.  There is a bad ground somewhere.  

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
dhonzik
Punch Card
Views: 788
Message 5 of 6

Actually, it sounds you have the mouse plugged into the always on usb port on the left side, try plugging the mouse into one of the ports on the right side

LuisMarques
Fanfold Paper
Views: 769
Message 6 of 6

Yes, if i plug the mouse on the usb ports on the right side it seems to solve that problem. Although the problem that i reported about feeling static electricity on the back of my screen still happening and i tried pretty much on every electric outlet on my house and outside of my house.

Also have a different question to ask, i ran lenovo solution center hardware scan and it detects a failure on the device Intel(R) HD Graphic 530 with the result code: WVC007002-UL7ZPE . Can anyone tell me what is this error?

Once again thanks for all your help.

Best regards, 

Luis Marques

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors