03-25-2017 03:23 AM
Recently, the integrated camera on my Y700 (identified in device manager as Lenovo EasyCam) has stopped working - when invoked by any application that uses it (Skype, Windows' camera app, browser-based chat like Facebook or Google hangouts, etc), the activity light beside the camera will blink on and off, and the camera's image-capturing ability is doing the same, which is to say, it's utterly useless.
Diagnostic steps I have already taken:
- checked for and installed driver updates (the most recent is from Sept 2016)
- uninstalled and reinstalled the device *without* deleting the driver in device manager
- uninstalled and reinstalled the device *with* deleting the driver in device manager
- running anti-virus and system repair utilities
- performing a complete Windows 10 system reinstall from the Lenovo recovery partition
Is there anything else to be done, or is this a hardware failure?
03-25-2017 03:30 AM
I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!
03-25-2017 03:57 AM