Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zsozsoo
What's DOS?
Views: 4,167
Message 1 of 8

Y700 acz disable integrated graphics card

Hello!

How to disable integrated graphics card (AMD Radeon R7) on Y700 acz. I think some old game engined (Word of Warcraft) does not support the crossfire technology, but the primary card is R7 in Radeon settings and i can't change.

I can disable in the BIOS just dedicated card (R9 M385). Any ideas?

Sorry for English.

Jayli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,091
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y700 acz disable integrated graphics card

This laptop is the biggest scam I've ever purchased.

here I was thinking I was getting a decent new 2015 Manufatured Gaming laptop when it's a scam a complete farce.

Lenovo tech support doesn't know how to help, not to mention my Device manager shows an unknown device of ACPI/SMB00001 but NONE of the drivers from the support page for the Y700-15ACZ do ANYTHING to resolve this unknown device and I have no devices plugged into the sytem, (ACPI happens to be power management also)Screenshot_1.png

But as for the main issue the Graphics, Lenovo decided to use the Special Edition APU the FX-8800p with an built-in R7 GPU (which should be CGN compliant) but it must not be since it doesn't even support any of the recent drivers from AMD and is locked in to literally year old drivers EVEN THOUGH it should be fully supported by AMDS current drivers.

This alone causes Graphic driver crashes when you try to update, (WHICH Crimson tells you TOO update becuase your built in R9 M385x has an update) BUT that update is completely useless since it does not funtion correctly with the APU's GPU anymore since they are now miss matched drivers R7 Driver (15.2)  R9 (16.15).

You can blame Lenovo and AMD for this becuase this exact model laptop with the Intel and Nvidia CPU and GPU do NOT have these problems since Nvidia has proper driver support for their GPU's they don't just forget to update theirs sadly the M385x is a more powerful card then the Nvidia 950, but that is now useless in this laptop due to lenovo thinking it was a smart idea to crossfire them which you shouldn't do hybrid crossfire ever especially a two modle steps apart. R7 should crossfire with an  R7, R9 should crossfire with R9 and they SHOULD be the same card mismatching LIKE this does exactly this it  causes problems NOT EVEN A year later then the date this FX-8800p was annouced not even released just annouced and it's dead useless not even supported by drivers. and this is suppose to be a fully winndows 10 compatible laptop?? what becuase it supports t the FIRST release drivers for 10 and nothing after that HA what a joke my Desktop is older and it has better support.

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_2.png

Jayli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,052
Message 3 of 8

Great I was hoping not to have to add more to this, but it seems that my certified USB 2.0 CM Storm Inferno Gaming mouse as well as my USB 2.0 Kingston 2GB Datatravler do not work in the USB 3.0 ports. This can only mean one thing, Lenovo skimped out and did not follow proper USB 3.0 standards as any USB 2.0 device that follows standards should be usable in the backwards compatible USB 3.0 ports, the reason I know this is becuase, my Datatravler and my Inferno Mouse both work flawlessly in my Desktops USB 3.0 ports which is a Gigabyte brand motherboard among many other USB 3.0 ports on other systems.

Shame on you lenovo cuttin so many corners yet charging an outragous price. I was willing to deal with the fact that I cannot remove the battery so it will die a lot sooner then it would normally since my previous laptop I would remove the battery while it was plugged in for extended periods of use and I was not mobile. and even though that laptop is from 2012 the battery still works flawlessly full charge 4-6 hours depending on usage.

Guru
Views: 4,028
Message 4 of 8

Sorry to hear about your GPU but updating that is an AMD issue. I have had issues with AMD since the dawn of time and they always crash, their support for mobile GPU is just poor.

As for Lenovo, they provide a stable driver but if AMD refuses to support those in future, then there is little that Lenovo can do. Hence, my shift to NVIDIA for the past 3 years. I have SLI GPUs and never had issues till now. AMD GPUs are just cheaper which helps in making cheaper gaming machines but thats about it.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Guru
Views: 4,025
Message 5 of 8

I have a USB 2.0 Logitech mouse and a Lenovo Gaming Precision mouse, both of which work flawlessly with the Y700 14" laptop (m375 GPU version). Even my USB 2.0 logitech keyboard works good, so not sure exactly why you are having trouble.

When you say that they do not work, does it mean they dont get detected?

Have you tried 3.0 devices in those ports and they work?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Jayli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,020
Message 6 of 8

yeah I will have to retract my statement on the USB 3.0 since when I plugged in my USB 3.0 Thumbdrives, they did not detect, at somepoint windows decided to crash my 3.0 ports and give them a Yellow Bang in device manager. =.=

uninstalling reinstalling, deleteing the drivers and scanning for hardware changes did nothing to fix this, rebooted turned off "Always on USB" in the BIOS and it seemed to fix it.

It's quite sad that AMD is lackluster when it comes to their drivers for chips that are litterally a year old that are suppose to support fully the current driver architecture. But honestly companies like Lenovo should be putting pressure on AMD as they purchased these chips from AMD assuming that support would be longer then (release) they technically only released ONE stable driver update after the release driver which Windows 10 doesn't even consider a usable driver and reverts back to the previous one.

I still blame Lenovo and other companies for not using their corporate pressurse to make AMD pick up their game, if they expect their Zen line to pick up they way they want instead of letting Nvidia and Intel reap all the glory from HBM they should be supporting current chips for at least 3 years. 

DevanBeMe
What's DOS?
Views: 3,921
Message 7 of 8

I FINALLY got mine to update after a few weeks of trying

Go into device manager, right click and choose disable on R7.

Then right click the disabled R7 and hit update driver software

It'll take a while to do the download and install but mine now says 16.300Untitled.png 

Mateo15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,219
Message 8 of 8

Hello, I have the same problem with my Lenovo, you say that the solution is to have the same driver version in the integrated gpu and discrete gpu?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors