Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-30-2016

Ukraine

5 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 5

Y700 fell pretty bad, weird stuff stuck between the screen and the glass

2017-02-20, 17:24 PM

Hi guys.

So recently my Lenovo Y700 fell from like 1 meter height on its top left corner on linoleum. The overall damage wasn't too bad but now I have two problems with my screen. One is a pretty noticeable backlight bleed in the top left corner (don't think the pics are needed). The other problem is a bit weirder. You can look at it here. Basically there is a bunch of small particles that kind of look like dead pixels from distance but in fact aren't. I honestly have no idea what they are. I can't seem to do anything with them by applying pressure. They don't even slightly move. The only thing that happens when I put pressure on them is that they appear to be bigger.

Does anyone here have an idea of what it might be and if it's possible to fix it? I bet my basic warranty is void now :smileysad: because of slight cosmetic (and apparently not only) damage so I would like to fix it myself.

Btw, I can't seem to find any information on manual screen replacement regarding this laptop. Is the bezel glued to the glass? The screen looks very much like Y50-70 Touch model but this one is Non-Touch.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Options

299 Posts

08-27-2016

Greece

1478 Signins

7297 Page Views

• Views: 7297
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Y700 fell pretty bad, weird stuff stuck between the screen and the glass

2017-02-20, 18:16 PM

From the looks of it, it doesnt look like a damage to the lcd but more like liquid drops or, most probable, air bubles. The Y700 has an antiglare film applied on the screen. Maybe the drop caused a part of the film to detach from the lcd causing air bubles? Or it could be just dirt. The LCD itself seems to work just fine.

Backlight bleed occurs because of the extra pressure the lid now applies towards the LCD panel after the drop

The Hardware Mainteance Manual for Y700 can be found here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/attachments/lnv/ll06_ru/291/1/ideapad_y700-15-17isk.pdf

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Options

4 Posts

09-30-2016

Ukraine

5 Signins

102 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2017-02-20, 18:31 PM

Thanks for your reply. It looks pretty complicated to remove the front bezel from this model... Not sure if I can do it myself without screwing up everything.

Options

299 Posts

08-27-2016

Greece

1478 Signins

7297 Page Views

• Views: 7297
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-02-20, 18:41 PM

In that case it would be best to contact a lenovo center for service. 

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Options

4 Posts

09-30-2016

Ukraine

5 Signins

102 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2017-02-20, 18:54 PM

Actually it even looks like I have "Glass LCD Module" and I can't separate the glass from the screen.

I would contact a Lenovo service but they refused to service me previous time when I had problems with my laptop. My laptop was bought in Ukraine but was made in Poland and apparently Lenovo doesn't like that stuff. It was like 2/3 of the price of Ukrainian model though. And what's the point anyways? I bet my warranty is void because of the two falls this laptop had... From the very first moment he screen had a pretty visible yellowish tint that couldn'tbe corrected by color calibration, uneven backlight and bleed in several places. The guys who sold me the laptop told me it's "normal". Now I have unofficial warranty (void now?) from this guys and what they are supposed to do is basically send the laptop back to Poland and use normal official warranty. But they are not eager to do that and I'm not particularly either. Even diagnostic would take like two weeks minimum. I feel cheated to be honest.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms