Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stroffel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,963
Message 11 of 20

Re: Y700 slow wifi speed

I have the exact same problem. I tried everything so far driver related without luck. 

Sad to say and actually a disgrace that i put this laptop on the side, because what use is a 
laptop if you need a wired connection all the time?

Would be much apreciated if a Lenovo techie would offer some solution! So bump to this thread.

Did any of you guys come up with a solution so far to get normal wifi speeds? 

Guru
Views: 1,956
Message 12 of 20

Be sure to update to the latest drivers and tune your wifi settings both in router and the wireless adapter. I was stuck at 72,2 Mbps and that was because an old device was connected to the same network as me. My card is intel 8260ac @Y700 17isk

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 1,704
Message 13 of 20

i have the same issue and have had it since i bought this machine.

internet is super slow at times. SHould get 50 mbps up and down and i dont get anywhere near that. never have.

i wonder if i add a wireless usb adapter if that will help it?  does anyone know? i tried downloading drivers and the lenovo support guy came out and couldnt help.  all other devices are fine. it is somthing with this machine's wireless card i guess.

does anyone have info. on this?? terrible wifi experience with this machine... unreliable machine.

zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 1,692
Message 14 of 20

try this

• Click Start.
  • Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
  • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  • Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 1,649
Message 15 of 20

what does that do?

zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 1,645
Message 16 of 20

I would say goole it but I have another question for you
Most operating systems and DNS clients will automatically cache IP addresses and other DNS results, this is done in order to speed up subsequent requests to the same hostname. Sometimes bad results will be cached and therefore need to be cleared from the cache in order for you to communicate with the host correctly
how is your wifi signal on the laptop compaired to other devices you have?
is it slow on RJ47 cat cable ?I mean ethernet . if it is slow on ethernet too then this is a mistory 
if not it might be the antennas or network card it self or bad driver.

gmopro
Token Ring
Views: 1,604
Message 17 of 20

i did the dns flush and I thought that fixed it , but then today it didnt connect and then super slow again.  This machine must be a lemon.  I even had the Lenovo hw support come out and he switched out the wireless card and that didnt help at all.  No one can solve this.  My other devices and laptop never lose internet and are not this slow ever.  This machine is very unreliable for me. I have not tried an ethernet connection, but my other devices use this same router and they are faster and stable always. It is only this Lenovo that has issues so the router and Verizon internet is fine.  This lenovo must not work well with this router i guess?  Something is wrong in the device i guess, but no one can figure it out.  Someone talked me into getting this device. Love the fast boot up, but hate the keyboard and if internet is slow, it really ruins the experience.  Wonder why it is so unreliable?

Also, the screen is flipped around sometimes when i start up..so annoying. maybe that is windows 10 though that is the problem. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the wireless internet working with this machine, let me know. I guess i could get a newer router.

manbearpig989
Paper Tape
Views: 1,584
Message 18 of 20

Just one question, do you use your laptop with lid closed (on secondary monitor) ??

I have the similar situation with my y700 and I have noticed just yesterday that it only occurs when the lid is closed. Crazy, I know.
xdrdaniel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,133
Message 19 of 20

I have the same issue with WiFi reception as well. I currently have qca9377, and I'm getting an intel 8265. I'm also thinking of replacing the internal antennas. Does anyone know the gain they have? I found some online that have 5dbi have gain each. Maybe this will do. Cheers 

lockon9985
What's DOS?
Views: 1,035
Message 20 of 20

I have owned a Y520 for months and just realized this problem yesterday. I searched online for solutions and found a "fix" here and thought I'd share it with you.

My laptop has a QCA9377 wireless card and I have Frontier FiOS. Basically I disabled WMM in my router (the WMM setting was not easy to find BTW) and it works. For people who needs WMM/QoS this is not acceptable and I believe it is a problem of the wireless card like the original post said. Replacing it with an Intel wireless card may correct the issue as well.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/SOLVED-IdeaPad-510s-Qualcomm-QCA9377-sl...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors