Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

09-22-2018

Poland

4 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 1 of 6

Y700 strange sound on recordings.

2018-09-22, 18:34 PM

Good morning!

I have a problem with the sound on the recordings in y700. The problem is that when I use the speakers and record something (eg Nvidia Shadowplay) the sound on the recording is flat, strange. When I plug in the headphones, the problem disappears. The sound is nice, as it should be. I tested various codecs in OBS, with each problem being the same. I tried to turn off the Dolby sound effects - it does not help. 

I post a movie showing the problem. The film changes the sound several times, it is the moment when I connect and disconnect the headphones.

Go to https://youtu.be/09Rd6UUfvUY

Anyone have an idea, a topic with a similar problem and its solution?

Options

619 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

302 Signins

2148 Page Views

• Views: 2148
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Y700 strange sound on recordings.

2018-09-23, 2:09 AM

Hi Gomido!

Welcome to the Community,

Does the issue only happen on recorded file? How about when you play a video or a music from video streaming channel or from your file, does the same happen? Let's try the steps in the link below.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501860

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

09-22-2018

Poland

4 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2018-09-23, 10:47 AM

The problem only occurs in files created on my laptop. I did a test or only on recordings or also when broadcasting live. In both cases, when I do not have headphones plugged in, the sound is flat. When you are playing someone's movie (music video, game) from youtube or other service, there is no problem. No matter if headphones or speakers. Only when I do something, play, the desktop or even the test stream.

I tried to reinstall the driver and any points from it (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501860). Nothing has helped, I still have this strange sound on recordings.

It does not bother me, however, the fact that there is a problem that annoys me. I am a pedant and everything must work, I try to solve the problem by force, even if it is not needed.

Options

167 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

183 Signins

870 Page Views

• Views: 870
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-09-23, 16:51 PM

I see. Can you confirm if the Audio Driver is running on v6.0.1.8158? To check, go to Device Manager > Sound, video, and game controllers > Realtek HD Audio (right click > properties > driver tab).

If the driver is updated, I think the problem is the playback device not properly configured. If you’re playing back the audio using the built in speakers, Open the Sound Properties > click Speakers > Configure then set it to Stereo. When finished, set the audio to Studio Quality 48000 Hz (or above) on the advanced Sound settings. Please refer to the image below. When finished, restart the computer then try to record and observe.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

09-22-2018

Poland

4 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-09-23, 17:23 PM

Thanks for the answer.

The driver version that I have is 6.0.1.8158. The person above gave the solution in which it was written to change the sound quality to 44100 Hz. I changed it now to 192000 Hz and after restarting the laptop there is no difference.

Unfortunately, the problem has not been resolved.

Options

5 Posts

09-22-2018

Poland

4 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-09-25, 16:59 PM

I think I've already searched half the internet, I still have not found a solution.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms