Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-07-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Y700 wont detect Dell Ultra Sharp

2017-03-07, 19:29 PM

I'd like to keep this as General as possable, so other people might find this helpful.  

I got a Y700-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) Machine Type80NV0026US, and a Dell Ultra Sharp U2412M Monitor.  

Now Jamie from Chat support tells me Maybe it's a compatablity issue.  It's a Common Monitor, it's like saying your Logictech mouse isn't compatable.......

Laptop HDMI output a Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M.

Dell Monitor VGA, DVI, DP input.

HDMI (laptop) to DP.(monitor).....will not detect Monitor.  I've tried to adjust rez, detect, plug and unplug nothing.

BUT

HDMI (Laptop) to HDMI (cheap "Dyon" 24 inch LCD TV i use for my xbox while traveling) works with no problem.  didn't even about to touch a single setting plug and play.    

Youtube said to update drivers.....Naturally from Device Manager it never finds an update for the driver.  So I go to Intel try downloading the driver direct.....I get a message "Your Manufactor has changed the driver for this, please get their driver".......  

Currently I've only tried the DP, because all these cables and connections are $20 - 25 or more, so I'm not trying to spend a furtune trying stuff out.  (plus I do photoshop on this monitor trying to max out the color corrections......)

Any suggustions?  

Options

811 Posts

07-10-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3149 Signins

83767 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 83767
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y700 wont detect Dell Ultra Sharp

2017-03-07, 23:43 PM

wrote:

Laptop HDMI output a Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M.
Dell Monitor VGA, DVI, DP input. 

I was under the impression that DVI is compatible with HDMI except for the shape of the plug and socket.  Certainly, I have connected DVI output on my HTPC to HDMI input on my TV.  I don't see why the reverse would not also work (HDMI output to DVI input).  I believe that the earliest DVI outputs did not transmit sound, but later ones do (the one on my HTPC does).

Perhaps you could ask around to see if one of your friends or colleagues has a DVI-to-HDMI cable that you could borrow to see if it works with your hardware.

By the way, don't forget to press the F-key that turns the external monitor on and off (it is off by default, I think).  Refer to your "User Guide" or "Hardware Maintenance Manual" for details if you don't know which F-key you should be pressing.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Options

571 Posts

07-07-2014

Philippines

314 Signins

10362 Page Views

• Views: 10362
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y700 wont detect Dell Ultra Sharp

2017-03-08, 14:34 PM

Hi RussMcCordFoto,

Welcome to the Community, nice to have you here.

Since you mentioned that HDMI port works with a HDMI to HDMI then I would recommend trying a different HMDI to DisplaPort Cable.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms