Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f2theb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,769
Message 1 of 6

Y7000 BIOS update failing

I'm currently on BIOS version 9VCN12WW.

I tried updating through Lenovo Vantage and it keeps failing to download. So, I looked up the BIOS version it was trying to install, 9vcn15ww, and found the direct download here: https://support.lenovo.com/ve/en/downloads/ds504994.

When I try to install it through the .exe file it says " This BIOS is only for Lenovo Y530-ICH. Are you sure you want to update this BIOS on this machine?"

I know the Y530 and Y7000 share the same motherboard, so it should be fine, but I want to install it if it is going to causse any issues.

Should I just wait until I'm able to update through Vantage?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,747
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y7000 BIOS update failing

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

That BIOS update you have found is for both models and can be used.  The Legion Y7000P-1060 and the Legion Y530-15ICH-1060.  Unfortunately the warning message you received during the update process was poorly written  as it doesn't state fully the models it was designed for.  Sorry for the confusion.

For additional reference, please review the BIOS update's README file at this link......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/9vcn15ww.txt

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

f2theb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,741
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for clarifying this!

peterwreed2
Paper Tape
Views: 3,235
Message 4 of 6

The solution didn't address the original problem raised.   BIOS Update - 10[64] - V.9VCN15WW fails installation by Lenovo Vantage.  I've closed all other programs on the laptop and rebooted it.  The update stills fails.

Thank you for your explaination and the reference, but the failed update persists.

I'm currently running BIOS: 9VCN12WW.

f2theb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,231
Message 5 of 6

I had to install the BIOS by downloading it directly and running the .exe since updating through Lenovo Vantage didn't work for me either. Here's the link to the download that I used in my original post
https://support.lenovo.com/ve/en/downloads/ds504994
Joshva80
Punch Card
Views: 3,202
Message 6 of 6

Does the bios fix any of the common problems e.g. Fan being ramped up too quickly, Blue Screen of Death etc.?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors