Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grimS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,057
Message 1 of 15

Y720 cannot find where to download Nerve Sense

Hi, I just bought the Y720 with DOS. I did a lot of reading before buying it, and read through the typical problems/solutions in this forum with Graphics drivers, mouse stuttering, nerve sense, etc.

Even though I was prepared, I'm still facing some problems now - after fresh Windows 10 install I have no Lenovo software on it. Therefore 2 questions:

1) By opening the forum links to Nerve Sense Gaming Zone 2 http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds119363, it shows me page not found. Or to be precise: "Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software". I cannot find where to download the Nerve Sense, can you please help?

2) I cannot find a list of Lenovo softwares what I should have and where to donwload them, could you help on this one as well? I read some topics on Dolby, but cannot find where to download it.

Fingers crossed.

chinhchilla
802.11n
Views: 3,045
Message 2 of 15

Re: Y720 cannot find where to download Nerve Sense

The easiest solution is to download Lenovo Companion from the app store, then do a System Update and it should show you all the available software. Otherwise:

Y720 Drivers:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y720-15ikb/down...

For some reason the direct link to the latest Nerve Sense installer is not working atm.

grimS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,036
Message 3 of 15

Ok, I installed the Lenovo Companion. There were no additional new drivers for my laptop since I did the updating from lenovo homepage.

Still - Nerve Sense is nowhere to be found. I feel the problem here is not with finding newest drivers, but with missing software itself.

Getting quite desperate here, please help Smiley Sad

P.S. The same goes for Dolby

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,000
Message 4 of 15

The Lenovo Server is down for any downloads.  Check back next Wednesday.

madrabbit88
Punch Card
Views: 2,981
Message 5 of 15

You are not the only one who have issue with downloading apps from Lenovo site. 

Few days ago, I was issue with drivers from the site. I couldn't downloaded. Site was very slow, sometimes connections dropped. Interesting Idk why, but this problem is solved, after one day. 

grimS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,974
Message 6 of 15

sclexman, you're saying that for 5-6 days after buying the laptop I will not be able to get it up and running properly? Why would servers be down for such a long time?

Am I right that I should not be playing games without the extreme cooling turned on? That means I will not be able to test the laptop and see whether there are any defects. The return policy in my country is only 2 weeks.

Do you think is there any way to get the Nerve Sense sooner? Smiley Sad
Justin76
Punch Card
Views: 2,959
Message 7 of 15

I have only tried extreme cooling just to see how it works, I never use it and I game for hours on end. Have been playing Tomb Raider, Ryse son of Rome, Batman, Witcher 3 Doom and others all Max settings without heat problems.
grimS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,958
Message 8 of 15

Ok, so good news - found the instalation file for Nerve Sense Gaming Zone 2. Now everything works!

If anyone is as desperate as me, I should be able to upload the file to a server for you.

Now for the Dolby Atmos - maybe someone has the installation file?
Justin76
Punch Card
Views: 2,955
Message 9 of 15

Didn't Dolby Atmos come with the Windows Creator's Update?

grimS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,952
Message 10 of 15

Looks like it didn't.

Another question - what is the RAM usage for your Y720s (at idle)? I.e with no browsers or games turned on.

Mine shows that around 1.9GB or 25% of 8GB is used when idle and no aftermarket softwares running, is it normal? Seems quite high.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors