Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

03-19-2018

Colombia

25 Signins

208 Page Views

• Views: 208
  • Message 1 of 6

Y720 distorted audio

2018-03-26, 0:32 AM

one of the reason i purchased the legion Y720 was because of dobly atomos and it's great sound quality, and it was all working perfectly until last week when i had a problem with the device and it shot down for 2 days until coming back to life again. after that happened the speakers havent been the same, without dobly atmos the volume is incredibly low (even with it at 100) and with dobly atmos enabled the audio sounds like a cheap 3 dollars USB memory speaker, or like when you use for example the audio tool in VLC media player to boost the volume to 200% (coundnt find a better way to explain it) so in most game sthe audio is messed up, specially dialogue, where character voices used to be smooth and realistic before i had this issue now they sound like cheap recordings from the 80s full of background noise, i think it has something to do with atmos scaling the low volume of the vanilla audio system and then causing this bad sound.

as fot the fixes ive tried everything, form updating to rolling back and reinstalling drivers, to messing with all the sound options of control pannel and resseting the sound service, it still doesnt sound as it used to, its rather upsetting to know that i bought this laptop instead of an alienware or a razer because it offered better audio, and now it sounds like a 50 cents speaker one can get from a shady street merchant that likes to sell goods of untrusty proscedence.

help, please :(

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Y720 distorted audio

2018-03-27, 13:26 PM

Hello  DAXminer

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

You could try to perform a factory reset, if the issue would persist after that, then the problem would be with the hardware of the unit.

Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine

1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. On a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.

If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

9 Posts

03-19-2018

Colombia

25 Signins

208 Page Views

• Views: 208
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-03-28, 0:07 AM

But that will erase all my games and programs and saved data from for example GOG games, right? i dont know, maybe ill just buy some external speakers and see if they work fine. 

or get used to the terrible audio :/

or i could save all that in an external drive, the problem is that is about 1,5 TB of data.

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-03-28, 8:07 AM

Yes, that is why I include the note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine.

I was recommending this seeing how nothing else helps, it could be a hardware fault.

You can always get in touch with your local Lenovo support line, and see if they are able to help as well.

Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

3641 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2560 Signins

40439 Page Views

• Views: 40439
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-03-28, 18:31 PM

Try a power flee first, it might be causing some audio interference -

1) Shutdown laptop and disconnect power supply.

2) Hold down power button for 45 seconds.

3) Reconnect and restart.

Test the audio and preferably record is and share a clip for analysis.

Thanks.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Options

979 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

527 Signins

6706 Page Views

• Views: 6706
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-12-15, 11:35 AM
Reviving dead post - but here is the solution you need:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Lenovo-Y720-Laptop-SPEAKERS/m-p/4189912#M19511
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms