Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter721
Paper Tape
Views: 264
Message 1 of 4

Y740 15ICHg boot up and awake from sleep errors

When I boot my Y740 15inch laptop, the keyboard lits up, but the screen is black (not even lit); it does that for 1 minute then the keys turn off and the process repeats itself again for 1-2 times; then it finally boots up (the screen is lit, lenovo screen appears, and signing in page appears). When waking up from sleep mode, it does the same, but sometimes even worse. Sometimes the keyboard is lit with a not lit black screen, and it stays like this for internity (literally; I waited more than 10 mins and it is still the same), so I hold on the power button for about 30 sec (which is surprisingly too much. I don’t know why it takes that much time to shut it down with the power button when it’s in that error) to shut it down then open it. And it surprisingly opens as if no error was there. Any help? My system and BIOS are all up to date; Never missed a single update and all my drivers are up to date.

camontanezp
What's DOS?
Views: 189
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y740 15ICHg boot up and awake from sleep errors

Dear all,

I had a similar issue too. The computer went to sleep because battery was low. When I plugged it to AC, it didn't wake up even when I pressed the power button various times. The keyboard lighting was working, but not the display. I had to keep the power button pressed until the computer shut down. Is this a power issue or a problem with the screen? Please help and give tips!
Peter721
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 3 of 4

Re: Y740 15ICHg boot up, awake from sleep, and shutdown errors

Also as well, there is a problem when trying to shutdown; I hit shutdown then it goes to the blue shutdown page and them opens again automatically to the login screen menu. Trying to shut it down again, it does the same every time. So I have nothing to do except restarting the whole system then shut it down.

Sean0706
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 4 of 4

Re: Y740 15ICHg boot up and awake from sleep errors

I also meet simular problem with 144HZ display. When I boot up , the screen never light up but keyboards has light up. I can hear the sound of loggin win10. But the display never show anything. Even when I add an extra display, no display shows anything. The only thing I can do to fix this is to wish I'm lucky enough to reboot Y740. There is little posibility that the screen would light up normally like 1 in 50. I don't know what else I can do to fix this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors