Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberblade507
Paper Tape
Views: 639
Message 1 of 4

Y740 "plugged in, not charging" battery message

Hello,

I recently purchased a Legion Y740. After getting it, everything seemed fine for a couple of days. Charged it up, used it for awhile without being plugged in, recharged, all without issue. After a couple days and a few various updates I noticed it had a "plugged in, not charging" message.

From what I can tell searching online, this is probably the result of a Windows update messing things up. The apparent solution is seemingly well documented (centering around uninstalling/updating the battery drivers), but requires that the battery be removed. The Y740's battery can't be removed without taking off the bottom panel, which I'd rather not do if I can avoid it.

Seeing as how the vast majority of my time on a laptop is spent plugged in anyways, I'm not too worried about this. But still I'd rather fix it if I can (without having to send it off to a repair facility). Is there a reliable way to fix this issue without disconnecting the battery?

Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 603
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y740 "plugged in, not charging" battery message

Hi cyberblade507!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Open the Lenovo Vantage app and go to hardware section, click on battery and turn off the conservation mode. This settings will charge the battery of your computer to 95%-100%.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Dan_Petrescu
Token Ring
Views: 593
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

You don't have that option anymore in the Vantage app because conservation mode is enabled by default.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 583
Message 4 of 4

Hi, Thanks for reaching out. You can use this link to know more about troubleshooting steps you can do to fix the Plugged in not charging message on your machine. Click here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103159?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. Let us know if this helps out. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors