Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

07-14-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 1 of 3

Y740 thermal profiles are wrong and no extreme cooling

2019-07-14, 10:52 AM

I had a Legion Y740-15ICHg the first model but i had some problems with the laptop so they send me a new one the Legion Y740-15IRHg  but in this last laptop i dont see the extreme cooling anymore i dont see the option on lenovo nerve and the shortcut is not working anymore i tried ctrl+**bleep** + (1-0) all the numbers also the letter I and nothing, also the new thermal mode on the lenovo vantaje is incorrect i was using the performance mode but is working like the silence mode very low fan speed the balance is the same and the profile with the higher fan speed is the silence mode so i dont know what is going on.

My lenovo case manager number is 04012245 

Options

6 Posts

08-09-2019

Portugal

5 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y740 thermal profiles are wrong and no extreme cooling

2019-08-18, 1:04 AM

I think i may have the same issue here. Also I bought the same model as you 2 weeks ago.

One thing I'm struggling with is the CPU clock when not connected to the AC.

When using the laptop connected to the AC I can see that the clock in all cores is working at it's full, but when the computer is not connected to the AC the cpu clock is very unstable, like randomly dropping to a minumum of 798GHZ.

I have windows tweaked to work in max performance. I've also set the minimum cpu power while n battery to 100% so that the cpu always pushes to it's maximum but somehow I get drops on cpu clock...

Have you also came across this issue?

Thanks

Options

100 Posts

06-01-2014

India

78 Signins

675 Page Views

• Views: 675
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y740 thermal profiles are wrong and no extreme cooling

2019-08-18, 3:26 AM

Yup the fan speed is same on balanced and performance thermal profile, Lenovo needs to answer this with update

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms