Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexkim
What's DOS?
Views: 947
Message 1 of 3

cannot get ethernet connection on my Lenovo ideapad y700

It was okay when I bought it, and could use the ethernet connection. But one day it just stopped working and I cannot find the reason why. The Wifi still works but I would really want to connect with ethernet beacause it is so much faster. It would be nice if someone knows how to fix this problem

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 888
Message 2 of 3

Re: cannot get ethernet connection on my Lenovo ideapad y700

look in the device manager and see if the device looks ok

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 865
Message 3 of 3

Re: cannot get ethernet connection on my Lenovo ideapad y700

Check the eithernet port CAT cable connection. If its anything link might Lenovo went to a cheaper RJ45 onboard connector and has a curved plastic door over the front I have to pry down to get my cable in. I found that a CAT6 connector was intermittent depending on the angle. A little down pressure or lying an item on the cable would make it connect.  I switch to a CAT 5e cable and its connector does not have the problem so I use 2ft cable to a coupler back to the CAT 6 cable now. The inner port wires don't make  a really good contact in the newer RJ45 cable ends. Don't know why but I doubt the ones on the are IEEE certified connect but cheap knockoff designs.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors