12-27-2019

CA

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

help!!! my Y520 can not boot

2019-12-27, 21:54 PM

I used a Lenovo Y520 notebook. I used it for almost one year and wanted to clean up the dust of the cooling fan myself, so I followed the video on the Internet to remove the fan and clean up the dust and install and restore it. However, after cleaning up the dust, the notebook cannot be turned on. The specific symptom is that after the external power supply is plugged in, the small indicator light on the power connector does not light up, and nothing happens when you press the power button. I tested the external power supply with a multimeter to ensure that the external power supply works normally. Unload the battery, and you can't turn it on just by using external power. When the external power supply is not connected, it is tested that the battery connector on the motherboard has a power output, and it cannot be turned on using only the battery. I thought it was an electrostatic relationship. After going through the discharge process, I still can't turn it on.  Dear friends, has anyone encountered the same thing? Is there any other way to try or diagnose what is wrong with the notebook?

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

390 Signins

10360 Page Views

• Views: 10360
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: help!!! my Y520 can not boot

2019-12-28, 16:49 PM

Hi gaojuemin!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Have you checked on the computer if everything is properly connected? Try to reseat the cable for the battery and test it again.

Let us know on how it goes.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save