Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashendust
Paper Tape
Views: 392
Message 1 of 1

ideapad y700 15ISK low battery life

My ideapad laptop has had decreased battery life since the end of last summer.  I chalked it up to playing too many games for an extended period of time - leaving battery and AC adapter in for days (in hindsight, bad idea, but I didn't want to crack it open quite yet).

After running some tests here and there, I figured probably the best thing to do was replace the battery.  I had previously had to replace the AC adapter for a very minor issue, but I bought the replacement from Lenovo.  I also bought a new replacement battery from Lenovo.

Today is the first day I've placed the battery in the laptop (it's been boxed for a few months while I've been at college).  While there is a drastic increase in performance (the old battery would last maybe 45 minutes at BEST on power saver mode), I am still only getting maybe 1.5 on my new battery.  I've tried updating the battery driver.  I tried updating the BIOS, but I'm getting an error which says something along the lines of the rom is the same, leading me to believe my BIOS is already updated.

I've tried calibrating the battery using this guide by howtogeek.  (edit)  I don't think it's very effective, as I still see sometimes the time suddenly drop or increases, no steady prediction of time, and the percentage seems to drop very quickly as soon as it is unplugged.  I am not sure when or if it levels off.

Is this an issue with calibration or capacity?  I have scanned hardware, tried to update, tried to calibrate, but the one thing I cannot find is a Lenovo-specific battery gauge reset that is still in existence.  Any help is appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors