Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-09-2021

Saudi Arabia

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

legion 5 screen pixelating and mouse not working

2021-06-09, 20:42 PM

I live in KSA and ordered the Lenovo legion from USA amazon

i treated this laptop as a king (bought a mouse and keyboard so I avoid using the diverse on, monitor and a hard disk to keep this this device good )

now forward 3 months I have discovered buy bottom left screen started pixelating and its terrible

I have tried every method to assure the problem is 100 percent hardware rather than software and yes its totally hardware and the problem spread to the whole screen. 

and today my trackpad is dead and even the MX master3 that I used working but as a wired mouse

https://imgur.com/a/AzIGmHJ

what I can do to fix it.

I'm in my mid university exam and broke so I really need that your help and advice to fix

this Machen that let me down in the worst state of this year

Options

2514 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

271 Signins

12746 Page Views

• Views: 12746
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:legion 5 screen pixelating and mouse not working

2021-06-10, 10:11 AM

Hi DuckMellon,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Here's some troubleshooting steps you can perform in an attempt to remedy the issue:

Step 1. Static Discharge on Laptop and AC adapter.
- Remove all cables attached to the laptop (hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)
- Ensure device is switched OFF
- Keep the AC adapter connected to the laptop, but disconnected from the wall socket *Important*
- Hold down power button for 60 seconds
- Re-attach all cables
- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes (if it does) then start up as usual.
- Try it a couple of times (2-3)

Step 2. BIOS Load Default Settings. 
- Select the Start Menu, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- If you do not have a Novo Button, then repeatedly pressing F1 of F2 or Shift + Power button (FN+F1 or F2) on startup will take you to the BIOS.
- Navigate to the EXIT tab
- Press "Load Default Settings"
- Save & Exit changes

In the even the above steps does not help solve the problem and the pixel problem is visible on startup & Inside the BIOS and/or Safe mode then it's a hardware fault with the screen.

Depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms