Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

01-02-2019

Pakistan

13 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 1 of 3

legion y720 battery problem

2019-01-02, 13:38 PM

So I bought this laptop from Microsoft Store in Canada and got it shipped all the way to Pakistan where I live. After 2 days of usage I noticed the battery is defective and I was getting 1 hour of battery timing at most on normal use. I cannot ship it back to Canada because of shipment charges and taxes etc. Please help me. The battery indicator shows battery percent till 70 and below it the system shut down. 

Answer
Options

10 Posts

01-02-2019

Pakistan

13 Signins

114 Page Views

Re: legion y720 battery problem

2019-01-03, 11:43 AM

I tried troubleshooting with Microsoft support and they tried everything. Its a matter of hardware but since I am not in Canada or U.S then I can neither claim any refund or repairs sadly. I'll try buying a battery in here as their is no other option available to me.

Replies(2)
Options

12703 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7392 Signins

752980 Page Views

• Views: 752980
  • Message 2 of 3

2019-01-02, 20:31 PM

Hi Gray10,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Checking the International Warranty Lookup do not show that the model is supported in Pakistan which should have been done first when buying electronic devices outside of the intended country of usage.

I suggest you try using the machine until it turns off. Notice if the battery led indicator suppose to be blinking amber. If so, then plug in the charger for 2-3 hours and wait till the battery led turns white (charge between 20-80%) while turned off.

This allows manual battery gauge reset until you have it plugged in till battery led turns solid white. This time try using the machine in safe mode with networking to measure battery usage.

We know that features of Windows 10 and chrome browser takes a lot of power specially if the screen brightness is more than 70%. With this steps, we can monitor how long will the battery stay.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Answer
Options

10 Posts

01-02-2019

Pakistan

13 Signins

114 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2019-01-03, 11:43 AM

I tried troubleshooting with Microsoft support and they tried everything. Its a matter of hardware but since I am not in Canada or U.S then I can neither claim any refund or repairs sadly. I'll try buying a battery in here as their is no other option available to me.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms