Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,561
Message 1 of 7

lenovo Y520-15IKBN external display problem

Hi all,

I have one dell S2340L which is tested and working complete fine on another lenovo laptop, but when connected to my new Y520-15IKBN, it is not working at all.

the Y520-15IKBN is windows 10, and it detected this LCD in OS, i can duplicate and extend it, but nothing shown on this dell lcd.

things i have tried, 

-reinstall all latest intel and nvidia driver

-change all possible resolutions and refresh rate. 

i cannot reset this OS because i have a lot of important working documents in it, please guide what else i can try. 

Guru
Views: 1,472
Message 2 of 7

Re: lenovo Y520-15IKBN external display problem

Are you using softwares like Team viewer on your Y520, it could be messing with the external display.

How is the monitor connected to the Y520?

Does it show multiple monitors in the Display settings of windows/Nvidia control panel?

What resolutions does it show for external monitor?

Have you checked the Control Panel > Device Manager to see the connected displays?

Thanks!!

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
ccy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,459
Message 3 of 7

Hi sir,

1. there is no teamviewer installed on my laptop. 

2. via HDMI cable

3. yes it shown my Dell LCD is connected to my pc. I have attached the screenshot here. 

4. i have tried all possible resolution from 800x600 to 1920x1080 and  50hz, 59hz, 60hz.

5. Yes i have check under device manager. 

sh1.JPGsh2.JPG

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 1,451
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried another HDMI cable? As stupid as it sounds, I have had some notebooks that had problem with a certain HDMI cable I had. Some worked with it fine, others did not. I switched to another cable, and it works with all notebooks. The reason for this is unknown, but since then, I always try to diagnose display problems by trying another HDMI cable Smiley Happy 

With the "wrong" cable, I had similar issues and symptoms that you describe. 

Could be worth a shot.

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
ccy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,419
Message 5 of 7

Its really hdmi cable problem.... thanks a lot..

David548
Paper Tape
Views: 932
Message 6 of 7

Hi

i have a same problem

what hdmi cabel you use?

thank you 

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 864
Message 7 of 7

I have lot of them around the house, and they all look similar after unpacking, so I cannot really tell you which one I had problems with and which work ok. 

Nowadays I try to buy HDMI cables that support ethernet. Although I do not use this feature, they seem to work better overall. If the cable is certified for a newer HDMI version (like 2.0) that might also help. Other than that, it really is just that I need to switch them. 

Computers seem to be picky about HDMI cables but other devices like consoles, blu ray and dvd players seem to be less picky. This is not something I have tested exclusively, just an observation. So I have sometimes switched the oddly behaving cable to these devices, and use the "better" cables with computers.

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors