Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranyadovner92
Punch Card
Views: 5,108
Message 21 of 92

Re: lenovo y700 cracking speakers sounds

Hey,

First - mine does not have an HDD but an SSD only. therefore, moving parts are not the issue, at least for my comp.

Second - I checked the second link you posted, it regards to an HP model and a slightly different issue. due to structural and mechanical differences between the two models, again, I do not believe that it will sort the problem.

Regardless of what I wrote, I would like to thank you for your help. I believe that it will turn out to be a minute problem which could have been easily prevented if a little more attention was paid.

Guru
Views: 5,104
Message 22 of 92

OK so i tried part of the solution of FMac70.

I changed the driver to the windows general high definition audio

Yes, this way the speakers stay on all the time, so there is no popping sound BUT dolby audio does not work and the subwoofer does not work (or if it does its really low volume)

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

FMac70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,097
Message 23 of 92

HDD was just one of the components that could interfere. It sounded logical to me, however, why does my old Asus laptop not have the same issue...?

Dolby off is a problem, indeed. But what do you prefer: popping/static sounds with Dolby or no popping sounds and no Dolby?

The popping sound happend while attaching an USB-stick, attaching A/C cable, or even clicking on a program. It happend once and a while. Not everytime. A short pop. Now, after this solution, its gone. So I guess its a driver issue. Also certain laptop models of Dell, HP and others, do have this problem. I guess its Realtek related.

PS

If I make up my mind and swap/return the laptop, what should I do then? Is there an equivalent to this laptop? What brand, what model? (I paid € 1.250,00)

Guru
Views: 5,087
Message 24 of 92

Hey lenovo do you hire? Cause i am unemployed and searching for a job. 

Guys i think i fixed it AND with dolby fully working!!! I updated to the latest driver #7977 and its working like a charm. No poping sound for me anymore!

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

FMac70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,079
Message 25 of 92

Really? Very good! (Keep that driver in a safe!  ;-)

Keep us posted!

PS

Ranyadovner92, if you try it also and it works on your laptop, I will try it too.

FMac70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,031
Message 26 of 92

1gamatotigraki, I cannot find the driver on the Realtek website. Is driver 6.0.1.7977 an offical driver? Perhaps a dumb question, but where did you download that driver? (download link?)

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 5,024
Message 27 of 92

Note: I did not install the driver using the setup executable but i pointed the device manager to search for drivers within the folder (and subfolders)

Here you go

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17883/

Post back your results

Madilyse
Paper Tape
Views: 5,010
Message 28 of 92

Thank you!

I have been dealing with these awful cracking noises for over two months now. First on my new HP Pavilion, which I eventually returned for the same reasons, and now with my Lenovo. 

It seems to be a very common issue, yet customer service apparently doesn't deem it important enough to research it nor provide proper fixes for these very annoying bugs. I find it unacceptable considering the amount of money paid for these products. 

As for your fix, so far so good. The dolby audio works. I can still slightly hear a faint 'pop', but barely. It's definitely better than the mini explosion before every single sound. 

I still hope Lenovo comes up with a proper way to deal with this issue!

FMac70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,969
Message 29 of 92

@1gamatotigraki, I already found that same link (http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17883/) but was just wondering if there is an official release on the website of Realtek. I normally don't like to use drivers from other sources. But this one I trust. When I undid 'my' solution, the popping sound immediately returned. After that, I tried this new driver. Result: no popping sounds  yet! Hopefully this works. Keep our fingers crossed!

Guru
Views: 4,966
Message 30 of 92

It is an official signed driver. If it was not, windows would warn you. The realtek website is a true mess, almost useless. Good thing some people have access to the ftp server. 

All good, everyone is happy and i am proud! ^_^

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors