cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Armandoaoz
Punch Card
Views: 104
Message 1 of 2

my Lenovo y700-15isk died just few weeks ago, and I have some doubts if I can this re-use this hw pz

Well, my laptop just died a few weeks ago, I sent it to the Lenovo repair center two weeks ago and they told me that my motherboard was literally fried, so I needed to change it, but, the cost of a single motherboard if around the $800 usd! (No joking, I look at for the price in different sites). So, I decided to not revive the laptop, and instead of that, I'd rather to build a custom desktop PC, but here comes my doubt, I know that things like the hdd can be re-used in the new desktop pc, and other things like the ram, it can't be re-used in desktop because of motherboard connectors, but, what about the monitor?, Last time I used my laptop it worked great, and in the technical report that I received, the only thing that was written was that only my motherboard and the default ram were fried, it didn't specified that other component would be fried, so, is there a tutorial or something like that where I could be able to use my laptop's monitor as a monitor for the desktop pc?.

Pd: I'm sorry for my English grammar, I'm still learning it!

Guru
Views: 64
Message 2 of 2

Re: my Lenovo y700-15isk died just few weeks ago, and I have some doubts if I can this re-use this h

There are RAM slot adapters so the you CAN reuse your RAM. I haven't looked to deep into it, but it should be fairly simple.

As for the monitor, I'd suggest simply getting a new one. I'm sure there's some roundabout horrible way to get it functioning, but it's likely not going to be ideal at all.

Look at this video for an idea:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfirQC99xPc

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors