Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-27-2017

Poland

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 4

"Bubbles" suddenly appeared in the screen

2019-02-17, 12:10 PM

Hi!

i'm the owner of a Lenovo Ideapad Y700-17ISK. It always worked correctly but not so long after the warranty period expired ( :smileyindifferent: ) some tiny "bubbles" appeared, apparently under the glass. They don't show up only when the laptop is on, they stay there permanently.

It's not like you can't use the computer but is not pleasant to see it not to mention the decrease of the laptop's value in case of a further sale or exchange...

Some help? Thanks in advance.

Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

Australia

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: "Bubbles" suddenly appeared in the screen

2019-02-19, 10:47 AM
Hi,
If you press on the screen (delicately) around those bubbles - do they move?
I've never seen something like that happen, but to me it looks like two bonded layers of the screen have separated. If that's the case I'd try to push them out sort of like you would with air bubbles under a screen protector.
====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Options

1 Posts

03-27-2019

Romania

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-03-27, 1:12 AM

Hi. Apparently I have the same problem on a Yoga 710 14".

At first 2 tiny bubbles appeared in the bottom of the screen but didn't bother me that much. However, it seems in the past 2 weeks they expanded and if they continue at this rate it will soon start affecting the display visibility. 

My laptop is in the 3rd year and I have an option to buy an extended warranty service for main parts and was curious if something like this falls under that section. Since the extended warranty is not cheap (about 60USD) i wouldn't pay for it unless I was certain I get a replacement.

Did you get yours fixed?

Options

3 Posts

09-24-2016

Indonesia

4 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-10-04, 1:15 AM

@sergioosh original comment:

If that's the case I'd try to push them out sort of like you would with air bubbles under a screen protector.

Thx for being the final trigger for me to do it LOL. It certainly works to push it as I would with plastic screen protector, albeit with force a little bigger than I'm first comfortably did. Tho the screen of a y700-15isk is pretty resilient, I got no visual reaction despite giving that much force (unlike any other screen).

And viola, the bubble is indeed pushed away. Tho I'm the lucky kind in this unlucky case, since the bubble on my screen is right touching the bezel and I didn't need to push it too far away. But I still couldn't make it disappear completely (thus also prone to repeating incident in the future) as the "half-circle" bubble only turned into a "strip of line" on the edge of my screen.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms