Options

2 Posts

07-20-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 5

using the new lenovo legion 7i charger on legion Y540?

2020-07-20, 12:02 PM

hello, first time here

i have a question, the original Y540 charger is huge 230W charger, but the new legion 7i charger also a 230W charger, however it's smaller and more compact, so is it okey to use it on Y540?
they use the same wattage, the same connector.

Solved! See the solution
Options

41 Posts

05-08-2020

US

51 Signins

395 Page Views

• Views: 395
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:using the new lenovo legion 7i charger on legion Y540?

2020-07-20, 12:41 PM

Ohhh, that is a really good question.

Options

1262 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

146 Signins

6761 Page Views

• Views: 6761
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-07-20, 12:56 PM

Hi there Aos10,

Welcome to the Community Forums,

As long as the replacement charger has the same Voltage, Wattage etc. Identical in every way. Then there should be no reason for it not to work.

Tho electrical things can be very finicky. 

To get a list of verified compatible chargers for your device 

This is the official guide on getting OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts:

How to Look Up and Purchase Accessories, Upgrades, and FRU/CRU Replacement Parts

Using your serial number in the parts lookup can get you the OEM whitelisted part number and other compatible substitutes if available.

There is also : Smartfind

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

07-20-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-07-20, 13:57 PM

thanks, but where i can buy it? i can't find it on lenovo shop.

@ Voithos wrote:

Hi there Aos10,

Welcome to the Community Forums,

As long as the replacement charger has the same Voltage, Wattage etc. Identical in every way. Then there should be no reason for it not to work.

Tho electrical things can be very finicky. 

To get a list of verified compatible chargers for your device 

This is the official guide on getting OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts:

How to Look Up and Purchase Accessories, Upgrades, and FRU/CRU Replacement Parts

Using your serial number in the parts lookup can get you the OEM whitelisted part number and other compatible substitutes if available.

There is also : Smartfind

Regards

Voithos

Options

8515 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77397 Signins

2201644 Page Views

• Views: 2201644
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-07-20, 15:05 PM

Hi all,

I purchased this one for my son's Y540.  He's still in Japan and it's here in the US so it hasn't been tested and verified yet.  The part number is 4X20S56713 - but it's presented as a ThinkPad charger.

I think it's compatible with the Legion line - BUT I HAVE NOT personally verified it.  Perhaps this helps in your search.

YMMV FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete