Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-20-2020

India

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 6

want to buy new gaming laptop any suggestions for me?

2020-08-20, 4:34 AM

Hello all, I am buying a gaming laptop to play the games, and I am thinking to start the gaming Youtube Channel, on the internet, many of the laptops are there  i found the link https://techsherlock.com/best-cheap-gaming-laptops/ and https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/gaming-laptops/ I am confused to which one is to buy,  i have selected some of them are:

1: Lenovo Legion Y7000 SE

2: Lenovo Legion Y540

can anyone suggest me which one to buy? 

Thank you

Options

211 Posts

08-10-2020

Pakistan

38 Signins

1629 Page Views

• Views: 1629
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:want to buy new gaming laptop any suggestions for me?

2020-08-20, 15:09 PM

I will suggest Lenovo Legion Y540 Gaming Laptop is one of the best laptops for playing games. It has 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-9750H Six-Core and 16GB DDR4 RAM.  The keyboard is durable, and the white backlight helps in typing in the dark.

Options

3 Posts

08-21-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-08-21, 0:15 AM

I have an older lenovo Y520 laptop I bought at costco a couple of years ago.  I have to say it has been great.   It came with 16GB RAM, 256GB M.2 SSD, and a 2TB 5400 hard drive.  

About a year ago (Maybe longer) I reaplaced the 256GB SSD with a 512 one and that has been working just was well for me.  I am now looking at a 1 TB one, but hoave not decided if I really need it.  

The laptop plays anything I have put into it.  I runs a very large monitor without any issues and has been really stable.  I did reformat it about 3 months ago when I started to have stability issues but I have not had any issues since.  I think I got a virus that was causing me some issues and since I back everything up I just went ahead and imaged it.   Can't complain one bit.

Now I do realize I am talking about the Y520 and you asked about the 540.  I don't have a 540 but I looked at it and it really does not look very different from what I have.  I would highly recommnend it.  

One thing to keep in mind is that Lenovo is a chinese (actually hong kong based) company or it appears to be to me.  I am not sure how easy it will be to get parts if something does go wrong in the current political climate.  I don't think that would affect my decision on if I should by it but it is something to consider.

Options

5 Posts

09-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 50
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-09-22, 14:28 PM

Franking speaking I would not suggest you purchase any gaming laptop but build a custom made gaming machine. Its the best bro, trust me.
Because there are many pros than cons in a gaming PC than a laptop.
Although if you still decide on a gaming laptop only, then here are my order of preference of gaming laptop choices.
Dell Alienware
MSI Gaming laptop
Acer Predator series
Asus ROG series.
Depending on your budget you can choose available laptops.

Options

1 Posts

10-13-2020

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-10-13, 7:30 AM

James Faulkner i am not agree with you,  I suggest you to purchase gaming laptop. but you need to make checklist of your requirements. then research on it using different platforms. i hope you will find because companies made best laptops for their user because of competitions. In case if you don't find then build a custom made gaming laptop machine. All big brands made best possible laptops for their user like 

1. Dell Alienware series
  2. MSI Gaming laptop
  3. Acer Predator series
  4. Asus ROG series.
  5. Hp Omen series

Depending on your budget you can choose for you. but keep research on it

Options

5 Posts

09-15-2020

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-10-13, 13:24 PM

My Personal Recommendation is to buy Lenovo Legion Y740 best laptop for gaming & you have also other choices. 

Gaming laptops 2020

1. Asus Zephyrus G14
  2. Gigabyte Aorus 17X
  3. Asus TUF A15
  4. Alienware M15 R3 (2020)
  5. MSI GS65 Stealth
  6. Razer Blade 15 (2020)
  7. Alienware Area-51m
  8. Gigabyte Aorus 17G
  9. Dell G5 15 SE (2020)

Find the best gaming laptop using Lenovo ultimate guide. Learn what's most important for crushing your opponent, from the GPU to the keyboard. https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-y-series/c/legion-laptops-series

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms