Options

2 Posts

03-03-2016

Portugal

10 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 2

y700 15isk windows 10 factory reset - HELP!!!

2016-03-25, 21:36 PM

Hello,

I have a lenovo Y700 15isk and I think my laptop are a bit slow, so I want to do a factory reset, but I have two partitions on my HDD and I only want to format the C: drive. Is it possible to do that? I didn't find that option in the OneKey Recovery utility. So I'm afraid to wipe off all of my data.

The second option is:

I already downloaded from microsoft a win10 ISO to perform a fresh install, can it be done, or it will erase the hiden restore drive and all of my data?

What is the best option?

Did anyone try the second option? How it goes?

Thanks!!! :)

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: y700 15isk windows 10 factory reset - HELP!!!

2016-03-25, 23:19 PM

I have a lenovo Y700 15isk and I think my laptop are a bit slow, so I want to do a factory reset, but I have two partitions on my HDD and I only want to format the C: drive. Is it possible to do that? I didn't find that option in the OneKey Recovery utility. So I'm afraid to wipe off all of my data.

Comment: If you do OneKey recovery everything will be wipe before restoration.

I already downloaded from microsoft a win10 ISO to perform a fresh install, can it be done, or it will erase the hiden restore drive and all of my data?

Comment: You have the following options:

1. Under Windows you can do Reset which will give you two options: Keep your files and programs (not all) or clean install which actually erases your files and programs. OR

2. Insert your installer and run setup to reinstall Windows without worrying where to install it.

3. Boot the installer and not select upgrade. You need to tell where to install it. (This has the tendency of erasing the OKR partitions or rendering OKR useless).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete