03-26-2016

US

6 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 1 of 2

y700 external monitor screen flicker graphic issues

2016-03-26, 13:21 PM

Recently bought the y700 15isk.  I've been having some graphic issues both with external monitor and laptop screen.  Things just don't feel right.

For one, certain apps and games get screen flicker at full screen.   It goes away if I run in window mode.  Sometimes when I load a game though the resolution gets changed to something higher than native for some reason.

Also, it seems like I'm not running games off the nvidia gpu.  Graphics don't look as good as they should.  This is a bit frustrating.  And yes, all graphic drivers are up-to-date and the nvidia control panel is set to run the gpu globally where needed.

As for the external monitor, which is connected via hdmi, it may not have installed correctly.  I've not be able to figure out how to roll this back so that it will install correctly.  If anyone knows how to do this, it would be appreciated.  (there are no manufacturer drivers I can install - i think it just does it the first time you connect)

Overall, text on both monitors sometimes appear to be a bit blurry.  overall, I feel I'm just not getting the best out of the displays with this machine.

Options

5629 Posts

06-27-2008

US

28497 Signins

1628167 Page Views

• Views: 1628167
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: y700 external monitor screen flicker graphic issues

2016-03-26, 15:20 PM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete