Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-27-2018

Tunisia

14 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 1 of 1

y720 capslock, keyboard backlit and screen recording problems

2018-01-27, 18:29 PM

Hey everyone 

I play games like pubg and fortnite and use the capslock key for map, after a little while, I started noticing an issue where pressing the capslock key would take me out of the game, the cursor would appear and I'd have to press inside the game as if it was in windowed mode to return to it, after a bit of searching, I found that the problem was common and that one solution to resolve it, was to kill a task called HIC.exe, and rename that file inside HIDKB folder in programs, after a while, I noticed that none of my games were recorded, the record button doesnt work anymore, the backlit on the keyboard doesnt turn on and change with FN+space anymore, and both these two functions work just fine after reseting the file's name and launching the file again or restarting the laptop.

Did you have the same issue? were you able to find a better fix?

I know I could use another key for map or whatever, I know I can use a third party software to record, but that would be very awkward to do on a laptop that has a dedicated record screen button, the problem is there and needs to be fixed, thank you

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms