Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ch312
Fanfold Paper
Views: 319
Message 1 of 7

6 week old Yoga 370 already two repairs and after that even body damaged

Hello,

the device has been bought on the 22nd of April 2018.

On the 17th of May I opened a ticket because the fan was broken and was just spinning slow and made a unhealthy noise. Lenovo replied one day later and some days later a technician was coming and replaced the fan. Between opening the ticket and arrival of the technicain were laying 10 days, which I think is too much time for a NBD on-site service.

Then on the 31st of May I opened a ticket because my laptop suddenly switched off at around 20-25% of battery and rebooted like after pressing a reset-button and came back with 5% battery capacity. The battery just had 6 cycle counts at that point. Again the same technician came and replaced the battery on the 5th of June. This also tooks nearly one week for a NBD on-site repair.

Then i found out, that the technician has not reassambled the machine correctly. On the front edges there is a gap (between bottom and upper case) of  around 1-2mm of air which is loose and it ratles when pressing the body because its not assembled tight or correctly even if the screws are set tight. There is also a barcode sticker now visible on the bottom side through the grid which should not be there, this might also get in the fan and produce new problems in the future. I am also not sure if the upper case and bottom case is still in a good condition or if something broke meanwhile the repair and that one or both of this parts have to be replaced.

So my new machine does just have problems and after the second repair now even it is not assembled correctly anymore and maybe something is broken in the upper or bottom case.

I opened a complaint but the guy of the complaint management just wanted that I sent in my machine for repairing and reviewing it, on-site repair is not possible he said. But I declined because I have on-site service and its only 6 weeks old and the damage was done by a technician on-site so it should also be fixed on-site again. Also I can not sent in the machine for 2 weeks and have no computer to work with. Therefore i extra paid for the on-site service.

I would like to have a new machine after all this trouble or that at least a technician is coming to my place to find the issue and then fix it because I really need a reliable machine for my studies and research work. But I would more like a new machine, because after all this repairs it just got worse and I dont trust this machine anymore to be reliable for the next years.

My T440s before had a display failure after 2.5 years and was replaced within 24h by a professional technician and I was really impresed and satistied with that fast and good service. Also the machine ran 10-12h a day and within 4.5 years I had no problem and it was really reliable and robust.

Normally I would exspect that Lenovo replace such a faulty machine directly, cause in the 6 weeks of having it it was broken/defect already 3 weeks and I am really disappointed that everything takes so long and that such an expensive machine is such faulty and the service so slow and not just replace such a new machine if it is faulty just with a new one, to have a fast and easy solution for both sides. 

If needed i can provide the serial number, the three case numbers of the warranty team and also the case number of the complaint management team.

best regards

ch312
Fanfold Paper
Views: 236
Message 2 of 7

Re: 6 week old Yoga 370 already two repairs and after that even body damaged

Update:

I got an e-mail from the Lenovo Case Manager this morning. 

"Dear Customer,

as written before a on-site service is not possible. If you want a warranty service and checking the device by sending the laptop to Lenovo Service, please contact us. The Service is informed and will pick up the device.

We dont see any further needed action and close the ticket.

best regards

XXX"

If someone of the Lenovo stuff is reading the thread please re-open or escalate the ticket again. He directly was forcing/only suggesting sending the device in and after I said the failure was done on-site by a technician and that I have on-site warranty and need the laptop, he now just closed the ticket.

ch312
Fanfold Paper
Views: 225
Message 3 of 7

Update:

Talked with the hotline and they were just saying they cant do anything because the complaint department decided this way. They could open a new complaint but this wouldn't change anything. So who can i contact now? Am I depended on the goodwill of the one person who contacted me?

ch312
Fanfold Paper
Views: 197
Message 4 of 7

Update:

Now I have gone to a local ASP and they checked the device.

Result: In the front part of the body most/all clips from the upper and lower part of the body are missing/damaged and therefore the whole body has to be replaced, which means disassamble the whole machine and transfer it to a complete new body. So the techician damage my whole device which was just around 6 weeks old.

Why does Lenovo thinks all this repairs and now the damage of the complete Laptop is acceptable? Now the whole device rattles while typing and is just in a bad condition and broken. Why I am paying so much for a device and a warranty upgrade and Lenovo is not willing to replace such a faulty machine? From the customers point of view, never buy again a Lenovo if you rely on a working machine, and dont have time to hassle around with repairs and rely on a fast and good service. I am really dissapointed till now how Lenovo handles this.

ch312
Fanfold Paper
Views: 166
Message 5 of 7

Update: 
Now Lenovo wants to disassamble the whole machine and put it in a new body. For me this is not acceptable because its a brand new machine and was just 5-6 weeks old when it was damaged by a technician on-site.

Highlighted
internets
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 6 of 7

Hello.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. However this appears to be standard Lenovo practice. It does not matter what class or grade  your machine.

Vote with your wallet. Let everybody that you know know.

My experience: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Horrible-on-site-service-is-this-common-Expected/m-p...

ch312
Fanfold Paper
Views: 124
Message 7 of 7

update:

And now the fan starts to rattle again. Not always and not very loud till now, but it starts to get a failure again.
Can someone from Lenovo please have a look into my case and help me resolving this issues with this new machine please? 

Top Kudoed Authors