01-15-2018

US

5 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 1 of 3

Absolute rip off - took my laptop and returned a huge old one

2018-01-15, 13:30 PM

Had accidental protection services on my carbon X1 thinkpad. The entire lifetime of the computer was an issue. I sent it back for issues with a blue screen 9 times in 12 months. (Having my laptop, on average, 1 week before the issue reappeared and i needed to send it back out.) 

I last returned my laptop early april 2017. January 2018 i received back a laptop that is not mine. I received a L540. This laptop was discontinued years ago. it weighs 3 times what my laptop weighs. its huge. its slow. its terrible. it makes noises when it is thinking hard (like to paste 3 lines of text in microsoft word!!!) they say they will repair or replace your laptop? yes but will replace it with a piece of crap brick from the stone age worth at least $1000 less than the one you bought! 

Options

5 Posts

01-15-2018

US

5 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Absolute rip off - took my laptop and returned a huge old one

2018-01-15, 15:49 PM

any suggestions for how to move forward with this?

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate has been removed. Thanks !

Options

9380 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32651 Signins

1208275 Page Views

• Views: 1208275
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Absolute rip off - took my laptop and returned a huge old one

2018-01-16, 6:49 AM

Hello kp12,

Clearly returning a different system is a mistake on the part of the depot, a mix up which quite rightly shouldn't happen and I'm sorry to read it happened to you.  My suggestion, besides notifying the call center of the depot mix up, would be to also request that your case be escalated to a complaint which can also be achieved through the call center.  When speaking to an agent simply request them to open a complaint on your behalf, they will be able to do this and also explain any further steps in the process.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete