Options

7 Posts

03-23-2013

New York

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 1 of 10

Brand new, dies after 9 days. Incredibly bad customer service. Can someone please help?

2013-03-23, 5:57 AM

My Case number is 8000834170.  I purchased a brand new Lenovo from Office Depot on February 18th.  NINE days later, the laptop died. Tech support walked me through different methods of revitalizing and confirmed it seemed dead.  I was told that someone from customer relations would contact me within 2 to 3 days.  That didn't happen.  I followed up within a week and was told that my request for a new laptop was denied.  No phone call to inform me of this.  Office Depot only offers an exact exchange or a store credit within 15 days.  I explained to the tech person that I didn't want an exchange as I was concerned the store got a bad batch. But with Lenovo deciding that my BRAND NEW laptop dying 9 days later wasn't worthy of a call back, I lost out on even the inferior opportunity to get an Office Depot store credit, as 15 days had passed at this point.  Last Friday, March 16th is when I found this out, after I called Lenovo. I was apologized to and told once again that this would be escalated and I would get a phone call back within 2-3 days.  One week later, guess what?  Once again, no phone call.  I am so utterly disgusted not only with the horrible quality of this product, but with the blatant disregard for attempting any type of customer remediation and satisfaction.  Will be waiting for a callback for another week?  Can someone at Lenovo PLEASE help?  I am so tired of multiple 30 minute phone waits/conversations going nowhere.  My Case number references my name, cell phone and email.

Options

7 Posts

03-23-2013

New York

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Message 2 of 10

Re: Brand new, dies after 9 days. Incredibly bad customer service. Can someone please help?

2013-03-24, 18:43 PM

Anybody?  ANY help on this? The customer support person said that a supervisor would call me on Saturday and OF COURSE that didn't happen.  The idea of calling Lenovo again and putting forth another 30 minutes only to be told someone will get back to me is not appealing.  Would anyone else know what type of agency, other than the BBB would handle this type of issue?  Faulty product dying after 9 days and customer service not returning calls?  I would really appreciate input from someone.

Thank you!

Options

7 Posts

03-23-2013

New York

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

Re: Brand new, dies after 9 days. Incredibly bad customer service. Can someone please help?

2013-03-27, 20:11 PM

Well, I can see that the "support" on this forum is just as good as the "support" from customer service. Shame on you Lenovo.

Options

2029 Posts

12-02-2007

AU

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 4 of 10

2013-03-28, 1:43 AM

From the community guidelines, right at the top......

"While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel."

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Options

7 Posts

03-23-2013

New York

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2013-03-28, 1:53 AM

Of course not.  But after SEVERAL phone calls to tech support requesting assistance and being told that I should expect a call from customer service - which never happened - I thought I would post on this "community" board to see if someone could assist.  Perhaps a different phone number? Perhaps a different channel?  I don't think I implied that I had any expection of this forum as being a "dedicated support channel" to my particular issue.  I had hoped for some direction though.

Options

2483 Posts

04-08-2011

US

5471 Signins

46460 Page Views

• Views: 46460
  • Message 6 of 10

2013-03-28, 13:53 PM

If the machine is under warranty, Lenovo should either fix it or replace it.

And for those of you reading this story before considering a purchase, make sure you are fully aware of the return policies and dates. If a machine is dead, return it and don't waste your time with "support".

Options

7 Posts

03-23-2013

New York

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2013-03-28, 16:59 PM

Someone finally called from Lenovo, playing phone tag.  Yes, I would've returned the product, however the place I purchased it from only offered a store credit or an exact replacement.  I was concerned that the store got a batch of lemons from Lenovo, so I wasn't very keen on those scenarios.  Hopefully this will get resolved, but it has been a great disappointment and huge inconvenience.  But part of the reason I chose Lenovo was for a supposedly exceptional product and exceptional support.

Options

20 Posts

02-15-2010

washington, dc

8 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 8 of 10

2013-03-29, 18:12 PM

My first Lenovo, bought from them directly, was also a lemon. After 3 months of fighting with them they FINALLY replaced my computer. Lenovo simply did not care.

My advice for everyone is to document every conversation, note every name, every action taken. They will try to weasel out of it. Those are their business practices but persistance and detailed records eventually gets results.

It shouldn't be that way but it is. There is no such thing as customer service at Lenovo. Not at all. 

Options

7 Posts

03-23-2013

New York

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2013-03-29, 18:26 PM

Thanks BlueSkies.  I did get a call back from customer service so I am hopeful for this to be resolved.  Fortunately I did have the foresight to record employee IDs and dates of the calls I made.  It's been exhausting!  But that is definitely a good tip for others who may read this.  Definitely ask for the employee's ID number and first name and record the date you made the call...

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 10 of 10

2013-04-08, 20:09 PM

laurac44, Bluesky

Very sorry to hear about your troubles...

If you have a system that is DOA or fails within the returns period of the place you purchased from (Lenovo or other) then you have the option to return it for exchange or refund based on the terms and conditions of the point of sale.  I can't address what the terms are for other resellers, but Lenovo offers 21 day returns in the US.

During the entire warranty period (including the first 21 days) Lenovo will service the system according to the terms and conditions of the warranty.  During the first 21 days, some customers might elect to opt for a replacement, or they might want to make use of service.

After the first 21 days, service is available based on the warranty terms.  Generally, Lenovo will repair rather than replace the system.  Replacements may be made if the needed parts are unavailable for extended periods, or multiple prior repair attempts have been unsuccessful to resolve the issue.

There are cases in which service may be able to initiate the replacement, but in other scenarios, service will escalate to customer relations and it can sometimes take several days for the escalation process.

If your escalation is stuck, please let me know via PM - please include your customer relations case number.

Best regards,

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete