Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

06-19-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 11 of 55

Re:Broken Hinge on IdeaPad 5-15IIL05 Laptop - Type 81YK

2021-07-05, 20:53 PM

Hi

Yep...welcome to the 'we're suckers for buying Lenovo and actually expecting them to stand behind their products' club.    So far I've not seen anyone have any luck getting Lenovo to recognize these hinges .     

If anyone has any REAL suggestions to get support that would be awesome.  Andy_Lenovo seems to be doing an excellent job running people in circles then breaking them off (he must be related to the hinges).

Options

3 Posts

07-24-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 12 of 55

2021-07-24, 1:37 AM

So today mine broke like everyone else...one year and one day after i purchased this laptop....Can't wait to find out how much Micro Center is going to charge for a repair...so disappointed.

Options

4 Posts

07-25-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 13 of 55

2021-07-25, 15:24 PM

4 months right side hinge falls apart

How can I escalate the claim to be covered under warranty? and how can it be fixed really ,short of epoxy and bolts like the you tube videos I see? Lenova should offer help with this ,I have always owned laptops and have never had a hinge break!

Options

11553 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33037 Signins

1234815 Page Views

• Views: 1234815
  • Message 14 of 55

2021-07-26, 9:05 AM

Hello,

Please contact support if you are experiencing this type of issue, you will find the correct number to call after entering your system type on the below linked to site. Please also refer to message 2 in this thread.
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

2 Posts

07-30-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 15 of 55

2021-07-30, 12:44 PM

Has anyone managed to have this repaired under warranty? I've been back and forth with them for around a month now about a seized hinge on a flex laptop however they've been to the 'back office 3 times for them to.state its customer induced. I really don't understand how they can come to that conclusion when the hinge will not move!!

Options

2 Posts

06-21-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 16 of 55

2021-07-31, 11:06 AM

Lenovo recently fixed it under the warranty. It was within 1 year of purchase.

Options

3 Posts

01-29-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 17 of 55

2021-08-03, 18:46 PM

Update: As the original poster on this thread, I feel it's necessary for me to give an update on here. On July 13th 2021, I received an email & phone call saying Lenovo was going to send me a repair box for my Ideapad. I did nothing to initiate this as my last contact with the company was months ago and I honestly had given up completely. My only guess is they saw this thread perhaps, I don't know. But sure enough, on July 16th, I received the repair box with a shipping label included. I was skeptical and kind of nervous to send my computer, but decided to try it. They received my laptop July 20 and by July 29, it said repairs were completed and the device was on its way back to me. I just received my computer today, August 3rd 2021. Sure enough, the hinge has been replaced and everything appears to be in great working condition. I was not charged anything for the repairs, which I was so worried I would be. I am very relieved and this is much appreciated. I got used to carrying my computer through the parking lots and hallways on campus, just having to hold onto it so delicately with the lid open, praying I don't trip or drop it. To not have to do that anymore, it will be very nice.

I hope that Lenovo will keep this energy and help everyone else in this thread who has had their hinge break. I didn't expect this at all, especially since my warranty expired in May 2021, but I am thankful & grateful, and I hope it proves positive changes for the company, to better stand behind their products and their customers. 

Options

4 Posts

06-22-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 18 of 55

2021-08-06, 12:16 PM

I had to travel with my computer that would not close, so I was forced to take it to UbreakIfix, they

had seen many of these! It cost me $280 bucks out of my pocket b/c Lenovo would not help. So

I filed a complaint with the BBB and requested reimbursement. That sure lit a fire under Lenovo,

I was contacted the NEXT day and asked how I would like to receive my $! And I did get my $ back.

Shame it had to come to that. Try it Maybe it will work for you. I also am in touch with an attorney

who is contemplating a class action suit. Good luck.

Options

1 Posts

11-19-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 19 of 55

2021-08-09, 18:26 PM

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. My laptop is no longer covered under the factory warranty. Fortunately, I am still covered under Costco's warranty. This may not bode well for the Lenovo - Costco relationship.

Options

4 Posts

08-09-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 20 of 55

2021-08-09, 19:46 PM

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread.  I bought two of these laptops last July for my kids to do remote school.  My son's broke in July and I accused him of being careless with it.  Its currently in for repair (at my expense) and he has been without it for over a month now.  Yesterday my daughter's laptop exact same thing happened.  She is older and more responsible so I know it wasn't her fault.  I can't believe they both failed within a month of each other, and with such light use.

I am currently on hold with Costco to see if their extended warranty will cover the issue since the Lenovo warranty has lapsed.  If they won't help, I will try calling Lenovo support.

This is clearly a VERY defective laptop.  I am worried now that this will be a recurring ongoing problem with these.  I don't want to have to repair every year!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms