Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nara87
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 1 of 1

Broken laptop, Depot repair

Hi everyone, 

so, i'm already a bit confused. I got a ideapad 330 in october 2018 as a present. earlier this month it shut off on me randomly and the screen was unresponsive and basically dead. nothing helped. it's under warranty so i sent it in to the depot in memphis TN as the customer service reps told me to. they received it on friday and i've been wating for an update but it seems i have to jump through hoops just for someone to inform me. first person i talked to today told me they're wating to recieve a new motherboard. when i asked how long it would take he said he didn't know. when i asked if there is a number for the depot repair in memphis he put me on hold and i got another customer service rep from lenovo and basically had to explain my story again and she tells me there are no parts on hold and they just started working on my laptop today and they don't know what's wrong with it. they told me i have to keep calling back to find the status on my laptop because their online database is under construction?

my concern is there's very little communication. i can't seem to find anything online and already i've been given the run around twice and i JUST sent in the laptop. i need this latop for everyday work and it seems i have to wait 7 days  before even getting another update on how things are going. i've read a few horror stories about these depot repair spots and the whole send in process. i'm also heavy annoyed that a laptop that i just got a few months ago is already dead. im just here to vent and hope everything turns out okay. so far, i am NOT impressed and wish people would actually email me with update statuses. thanks for listening.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors