cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KongMD
Token Ring
Views: 390
Message 11 of 28

Re: Buying a T510: Is it safe to navigate on Lenovo's website?

The SSL certs are still invalid.

LinYu
802.11n
Views: 375
Message 12 of 28

On 11/03/2010...

@erik wrote:

we're still investigating the issue.   in the meantime, it's safe to visit the site from a private computer if you so choose.

apologies for the confusion and inconvenience thus far.

On 5/04/2011...

@KongMD wrote:

The SSL certs are still invalid.

Erik,

More than 6 months have elapsed and I trust  Lenovo is still investigating... Any idea as of when they may start, say, doing something more specific?...

Gosh! It may not be your fault, but would you happen to agree that Lenovo does NOT seem to be up to our day and time when it comes to efficiency (I was going to say, decency!...) and reasonably good business practices???

Holly mackerel...

Former Employee
Views: 355
Message 13 of 28

Hey All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. I have sent a message to the support crew about this.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
LinYu
802.11n
Views: 344
Message 14 of 28

Serge,

Let's hope this is one of those issues that got lost in the shuffle... In which case we should probably be looking forward to receiving the news, pretty soon that the issue has been finally resolved. Is this a reasonable expectation or should we instead give up on Lenovo's ability to keep up with customers needs as simple as this one?

In fairness, I think I should rather be asking if you expect to receive yourself any response to your own message and come back here to let us know about it. Do you?

Thanks for your efforts.

Former Employee
Views: 336
Message 15 of 28

hey LinYu,

i'll get back here as soon as I get an answer.

anyway, i'm a little bit curious.. does the SSL error occur via Firefox or IE or both ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

LinYu
802.11n
Views: 329
Message 16 of 28

Serge,

You say "I'll get back here as soon as I get an answer"...

Are you joking? This issue was raised more than 6 months ago!!! And I believe my question was fair: Are you STILL expecting an answer?... Any idea how long it may still take? Whom are you expecting an answer from? And what if you NEVER get your answer?

As for your question, I am a Firefox user and I do not use IE, so I'm unable to answer you question. But would this be something that Lenovo could easily verify itself or is there any advantage from it being determined by your customers? We are talking about Lenovo's website, after all...

Regards.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 319
Message 17 of 28

LinYu calm down, there is no point getting so worked up. To be fair to Serge1410, he is not all knowing and not all the people whom manages the online systems work next to him or in the same time zone.

So maybe cut him a little slack, and let him get back to you on this?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
LinYu
802.11n
Views: 305
Message 18 of 28

Hi lead_org!

Well, let me assure you that I was actually not as worked up as I may have sounded, due to my style of conversation... But I do heed your advice, anyway.

I also acknowledge that Serge1410 is NOT personally responsible for the patently lax attitude from Lenovo, on this small issue as on other greater issues. Serge was only Lenovo's face, as the only human being who was, at that moment, between Lenovo and myself, as a Lenovo's customer, and I certainly did not mean to be personal. In any case, I apologize if I sounded too harsh.

I hope this clears any misunderstanding. And on this basis, is it not true that Lenovo, this being its own website, should be a lot more pro-active and responsive? I believe an appology from the company would also be in order.

I agree this is not the end of the world, although it is one more sign of the kind of world we are all making... And, yes, there's no way back, but these are the things that make me (and many others, I guess) long for the good old days of Big Blue...

Best regards.

Former Employee
Views: 292
Message 19 of 28

apologies to all for replying late here,

i have gotten in contact with the group in charged of the back-end of the website.

they are investigating on why this SSL certificate error only occurs on Firefox and not on other browsers.

i'm truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

WW Social Media

LinYu
802.11n
Views: 279
Message 20 of 28

Serge,

That's fine. The main thing is the lack of response from Lenovo for over six months, and as I said before, I understand it was not your fault, personally. Please make sure you keep us informed about any development (or lack of it) on the issue at hand and coming back here to let us know.

Thanks and regards.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors