Options

14 Posts

11-25-2014

Österreich

32 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 1 of 1

Cannot register product with Chrome / view warranty status with any browser.

2015-01-06, 10:45 AM

Note: I am aware of a previous related thread [1], but the problem is different in my case (also this thread is rather old).

I am trying to register my Thinkpad Edge E540. I registered an account on lenovo.com successfully and I can log in, after which I reach a page with 4 links (translated from German)

• View orders / preorders
  • Change account details
  • Register a new product
  • Manage my products

Using Chrome, if I click on any of those, I am kicked back to the login page. I cannot reach the registration page.

Using IE11, the registration was possible, but buggy: There was an unexplained dropdown menu, with 5 entries all saying "null". Clicking the submit-button reported "invalid value" on first try, and accepted the submission on the second; The device was hence registered.

When I wanted to view the warranty status of the device however, I was kicked back to the starting page of the shop and told by a bar near the top of the page I was using an unsupported browser.

Likewise when trying to register the device through Lenovo Solution Center on Windows 8.1 a Modern UI "Lenovo Service" app is opened but hangs forever in a loading-animation (rotating circle).

Is there something I can do about any of this?

[1] http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Registering-ThinkPad-on-lenovo-website/m-p/552057#U552057

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete