cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amanr9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 395
Message 1 of 6

Complaint against Authorized Service centre for providing poor service & charging extra money

Hi , 

I have Lenovo Z 580 Ideapad. For 4 years , I never faced any major issue regarding my laptop . 3 months back its fan stopped working. So i visited an authorized service centre located at Gurugram. Since my laptop is out of warranty , they told me that the fan need to be replaced and charges will be applied. They said that they will order the part and let me know when my laptop will be ready . Few days back, they called me and asked me to pickup my laptop.

I went there and checked my laptop , its fan was working . I paid the full amount. They gave me the receipt But they didn't provide me the Fan's warranty card or anywhere the warranty was mentioned in the receipt. They didn't even told me when the warranty of the Fan they replaced , was gonna expire. I trusted them , thus I didn't argue that time.

But now after 2 & half months , the Fan stopped working again . I went again and showed them my laptop. Now they are saying that the Fan panel need to be changed again & since the Fan's warranty is expired , I have to pay the full charges again. 

They are  kidding me . I am so angry at them right now . I have serious doubt that they played me . They just resolved some minor issue but charged me the full amount of Fan in the first place . & now they are doing the same thing again. They are  mischief. I am so disappointed and irritated on how they are acting. I tried the customer care but everytime they give me some other number to contact someone else. 

I have already contacted the Consumer Forum and registered a complaint regarding this issue.

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by the Community Guidelines and have been removed.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 371
Message 2 of 6

Re: Complaint against Authorized Service centre for providing poor service & charging extra mone

Never heard of the place you speak of for repairs. But I can tell you that out of warranty repairs typically are warrantied through the repair facility. Lenovo does not require any out of warranty repair to have a minimal warranty as best that I can tell. Some countries extended manufacture original warranties but not out of warranty repairs. In the end, the reapir facility determines the warranty length for a out of warranty repair. Typically, I have seen as short as 30 days and as long as 90 days. Its a 4 year old laptop so all bets are off as to the sevarity of a failure. Sounds like they performed the correct repair at the time given it lasted that long. Next time, I would certainly get the specifics on how long the warranty is on the repair. I would also add, that if the fan itself is still good, but another part of that curcuit has failed but was not previous replaced. Then this is a new issue that certainly would not be covered under any warranty for previous repair. 

Amanr9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 327
Message 3 of 6

Re: Complaint against Authorized Service centre for providing poor service & charging extra mone

If you didn't heard the place , then consult someone before posting like that . And i already cleared in my post that my laptop was out of warranty . The main issue is that they didn't provide me the warranty card of any part they replaced. How can i believe what they are saying .They must be lying . 

The responsibility lies upon you to seek an explanation from them and revert back to me . I am not going to argue or let myself indulge in this type of situation anymore. 

I don't trust the people from Lenovo anymore.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 311
Message 4 of 6

Sounds like your blaming Lenovo for something a independent repair facility did out of warranty and YOU failed to ask for a written warranty on what was repaired? How is this Lenovo's problem? I certainly understand your frustration but just because this place might have been a authorized Lenovo repair facility hardly places Lenovo at blame for a out of warranty repair? These days unfortunately the consumer has some responsibility to ask plenty of questions and get any implied warranties in writing because of just the situation you described. This would apply to anyone getting a repair on any product at any facility.

Amanr9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 298
Message 5 of 6

Thats an authorized facility .. Check the link http://business.google.com/website/devmohini/I don't want any more explanation , just give me a solution . Why should I pay again for this incident.! I don't want to pay the same amount within 2 & half months , so give a proper a solution 

Amanr9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 265
Message 6 of 6

Waiting reply from your end

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors