Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdillen
Paper Tape
Views: 965
Message 1 of 5

Complaint

Hi,

After long waiting finally I received my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (new model) on May 2nd. After 1 week of use the system crashed, all lights flickering, and no way to reboot the machine. So a hardware problem.

I called immediately (on May 12th) Lenovo customer service to report the problem. They told me the motherboard should be replaced. I thought and to me seems logical since the laptop was only 1 week in use it would be replaced with an new one. I don't like having after one week of use already a repaired laptop. So that's my first complaint (not replaced by a brand new laptop). My second complaint: the Lenovo person on the phone told me it would only take a few days to order/replace the motherboard. In the mean time (today) I already phoned again to the Lenovo Customer Support, to get an update on my case: the only thing they can say we still don't have an ETA for the motherboard! We don't know how long it will take 1 more week, 1 more month ??? we don't know. My situation: I'm a freelance IT professional needing everyday a performant laptop. I decided buying the (expensive) ThinkPad X1 Carbon, instead of a machine from the competition (I worked years with PCs from the competition). But I can say, if my problem, by preference replacing my broken laptop by a new X1 Carbon, will take still some more time,  it will be my first and last Lenovo ever!

spoonalious
Fanfold Paper
Views: 901
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complaint

There is a large wide-scale problem with the X1 Carbons at the moment with endless reboots, BSoD, graphical corruption (see the other threads in this forum) and we are all experiencing the same delays. Someone said that their engineers are aware of the problem and are working on it, but some users are also reporting their motherboards won't be replaced until the 28th of June which is madness.

I have a next-day onsite repair warranty and have had 2x 2014 X1 Carbons die (the original one and the replacement) in the same way you described.

I have a case manager who is extremely good and she is doing a fantastic job, however, I think she is held back by the delay in getting a permanent fix for these laptops. It would be unethical for Lenovo to replace laptop motherboards with known faulty ones so I'm hoping that the delays are so there are a permanent fix.

Just to re-iterate, I presume if they even replace your motherboard this week, based on the experiences of others and myself in this forum, that the problem will just come back after a week or number of weeks.
gdillen
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 3 of 5

After what you describe I find it outrageous Lenovo launches a product that's full with problems! How can I get my money back?

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 611
Message 4 of 5
Moved:

Complaint

ToolTime
Paper Tape
Views: 410
Message 5 of 5

I would like to log a complaint- As the IT department in company I would like to warn anyone that Lenovo does not support their devices well.  We have purchased 15 Lenovo Tablet 2's and had to send them in repeatadly which the support in Atlanta Georgia realizes but no recall has been done and once the warranty runs out the minimum charge is $475 for a $600 dollar device.  All together I have purhased 15 Lenovo Tablets and 15 Lenovo X240's and as a business we may walk away from Lenovo because of their lack of support.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors