Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

02-18-2016

United States

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 21 of 27

Re: Completely Disappointed in Yoga 920

2020-02-11, 1:18 AM

I, too, am very disappointed in Lenovo.  I bought my Yoga 920 in August 2018 to replace a Yoga Flexbook the came completely apart physically at the hinge after 2 years of home use.  I was going to go back to Dell or HP, but the reviews on the Yoga 920 were good.   So, I bought a fully equipped, top-line unit directly from Lenovo.   My Yoga 920 has had problems from the beginning.  While it was still under warranty, the sound system had to be serviced.  After the warranty expired, the keyboard became dysfunctional; the left-side keys do not work.  I cannot find a new replacement keyboard from Lenovo or elsewhere.  More recently, the system has been locking up with no functionality. I have to do a complete power button shutdown and reboot.  At other times, the unit shuts down and reboots on its own.  The sound system continues to not work reliably.   

I am beyond frustrated with Lenovo's poor product reliability and lack of service.  For such a newer laptop not to have replacement parts available is unbelievable.  This unit should have lasted 4-5 years of light home use. I've started researching other brands again.   

Options

5 Posts

06-19-2018

United States of America

6 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 22 of 27

Re:Completely Disappointed in Yoga 920

2020-02-27, 22:25 PM

Have you found any resolution with the FTC? 

Bought my Yoga 920 in November 2017. Had minor issues all throughout 2018. Suddenly died mid-2019. Clearly a motherboard issue. Lenovo wouldn't take responsibility even after escalating my case. Couldn't find someone to fix it so far. This Lenovo purchase is the only scam I fell for in my entire life!

Options

1 Posts

04-16-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 23 of 27

2020-04-16, 2:05 AM

Bought my Lenovo Yoga 3/2018 for $1300, sound went out around 11/18. The motherboard failed 4/13/2020. The amount of motherboard failures that I have seen on different forums is completely ridiculous and unacceptable. There should be a recall at this point and some form of compensation. Before my motherboard went out I recommended the Lenovo Yoga c930 for my family which they bought with excitement but once I saw how poor the costumer service is and treats this manufacturer issue on my 920, I am afraid that the product I recommended to my family will fail on them. Horrible experience after so much excitement when I first bought this product. 

Options

1 Posts

05-10-2020

Saudi Arabia

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 24 of 27

2020-05-10, 19:09 PM

I felt compelled to sign up and also comment on the Lenovo 920. I purchased the top of line version of the model back in February 2018 and only two years later, the laptop stopped working. It turns out, according the store service center, that the motherboard is completely fried and was quoted 3200 SR (850 USD) for replacement and labor. I'm extremely disappointed to know that this not a unique situation and there has been similar cases where the motherboard fried. This means the product is unreliable. I know now to stay away from Lenovo. 

Options

1 Posts

05-10-2020

India

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 25 of 27

2020-05-10, 21:24 PM

Facing the same issue, i had bought this one their most expensive Yoga 920 in May 2018. Exactly after a year,  around may 2019, it suddenly stopped working.
Went to 2 service centers in Bengaluru, they kept my laptop for 2-3 weeks and returned me without fixing it. They told me its motherboard failure and its out of warranty now. 
I had mailed support team as will for this, finally they gave me a quote of Rs 62000 and told me that it will take 3-4 months to get the parts. And i should pay full 62k in advance,
They seriously have some issue with this model. Why should one buy a  laptop worth Rs 1.5 Lakhs and then as soon as warranty expires, they need to pay 62k. Seriously ?

Options

4 Posts

07-17-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 26 of 27

2020-07-22, 23:55 PM

I bought my unit in late 2017 because of good reviews (I did HEAVY research) and had a great experience. That was until my 920 would give me the blue screen of death on a loop near the end of the warranty, and no one knew how to fix it on the phone. What was even more frustrating was that the laptop started just fine 10% of the time. Mind you this was during my finals week so I was incredibly stressed, as all my notes were on this laptop. I took it to a repair center, and the technician didn't have a solution, but suggested I keep the unit on me as opposed to send to repair. After some research, I learned it was a hard drive failure. I got a replacement hard drive online and attempted to repair it myself, but the screws stripped easily due to manufacturing tightening screws. I decided to just take a gamble, and somehow, miraculously, the hard drive started working as normal.

After that issue, about a year ago, I realized my active pen wouldn't work despite having charged batteries. I couldn't take notes properly, which was the main point of getting this laptop. Decided to just rely on the finicky pen and struggle in class, even with updated drivers and a replaced pen.

As of a few months ago, I realized my webcam wouldn't work, which admittedly I haven't used before but needed upon the pandemic starting. I checked device manager and the webcam wouldn't show up, even in "hidden devices". I saw it one time miraculously, but a guide posted by Lenovo suggested fixing the "no camera attached" issue by uninstalling the device, and after doing so, the device would not show up again, meaning this wasn't a driver issue at all (even installing the 920 webcam driver would result in an error from not being able to find the camera). I had to rely on a 2013 Macbook Air, which still worked fine to this day, for a webcam, which I can't say about a 2 year old Lenovo laptop sadly. Upon reading some forum threads, I learned the issue was actually faulty motherboards, and I can't get a replacement unless I pay hundreds of dollars, which is definitely not worth it in my eyes because I can get a whole new and reliable unit for that price. I am very well versed in computer parts as I have done laptop repairs and built my own PC's, so I could even repair this laptop myself to save labor costs, but even the parts are not reliable enough in my eyes.

This has by far been the WORST laptop experience I've had, and I can't believe Lenovo avoided any accountability. I want to respect Lenovo's Yoga line because of the great features, but the faulty units are extremely concerning. Really want to see if any action can be taken.

Options

2 Posts

05-15-2018

Australia

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 27 of 27

2020-08-05, 2:02 AM

Add me to the list of unhappy Yoga 920 owners. Purchased April 2018. Problems started May 2020 (1 month out of warranty). Lenovo said out of warranty - not our problem. Local repairer said it’s not hard drive, must be motherboard - they can’t help. Retailer has been great (Once I escalated to the manager). They paid Lenovo out of warranty repair fee mid June 2020. Early August 2020, Lenovo are “still waiting for parts” (new hard drive apparently, but that’s not the problem!) and computer still sitting at retailer waiting for Lenovo to send courier, once the INCORRECT part (hard drive) arrives. Latest eta on hard drive is 28 August. Over 3 months, and counting. Meanwhile, I’ve had to buy another computer (Dell XPS - great so far!).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms