Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-18-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Covid-19 Causing my Laptop Repair to Take up to 14 Business Days (Want my Laptop returned).

2020-08-18, 16:31 PM

I sent my Laptop in to Lenovo on August 6th, and to my knowledge, repairs began on August 10th. As of the current moment, it is still under progress; what I don't understand is how it takes up to 14 business days to replace an LCD screen (which I know for a fact takes under an hour to replace with all of the proper tools, seeing as how I've seen it done in front of me on the EXACT model of Laptop).  If they never started the repair process, to begin with, why is it listed as under repair? This laptop is extremely important to me for college and I can't afford for them to let it sit on a shelf until the 13th business day, while customer support lies and tells me it's undergoing repair.

I understand that Covid-19 causes delays, but the fact of the matter is that if it ACTUALLY started repairs, it should have been finished within a day (especially if it were by qualified professionals). Instead, I feel as though it is sitting in the shipping container unopened.  Lying to customers about it being worked on is not good business practice. I would completely understand if the status said "awaiting repair" but telling me it's undergoing repair is insulting my intelligence.

Answer
Options

2 Posts

10-21-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15

Re:Covid-19 Causing my Laptop Repair to Take up to 14 Business Days (Want my Laptop returned).

2020-10-22, 18:37 PM

Oh yeah, it was changed From testing  to returning the day I posted that. thank you for trying to help me some more. Oh wow and as I posted this it arrived.

Replies(5)
Options

726 Posts

03-11-2020

Norway

81 Signins

4423 Page Views

• Views: 4423
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Covid-19 Causing my Laptop Repair to Take up to 14 Business Days (Want my Laptop returned).

2020-08-19, 9:11 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

So, to outline the process to you:

When the unit is send off, it takes time for the unit to reach the Lenovo repair center, then, its put in line, and as soon as its the units turn, it will be marked as under repair, the technician, checks the unit to be sure the error description is as has been written, and then, looks up stock, for the given part needed. If a part is present, it will be exchanged, then it is either tested immediately, or, depends on place, send to a tech who tests the unit to make sure everything is working, before being put into the return to customer queue.

If a part is missing however, then it will be placed in the holding area, while awaiting arrival of the part needed.

Here, this depends on where the part is ordered from, and how long it can take to arrive.

Also, do note, that all repairs, are stated, to take between 10 to 14 business days, this is noted in the email you have recieved regarding the repair.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

08-25-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 70
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-08-25, 13:23 PM

Similar problem with mine - awaiting one part for ages - suddenly said it was back being repaired now on hold awaiting another part. Why both parts weren't ordered at same time beggars belief. Original email stated to me that repairs would be completed within 5 business days.  Been without laptop now for 2 weeks despite it being less than 6 weeks old!

Options

2 Posts

10-21-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-10-21, 14:15 PM

i sent mine to have screen repaired and it’s A month in 2 days. I have been doing class off my phone and as you can guess my grades suffered. went from a 90 to one class ended with 68. (Flex I) Have you received your laptop back yet? I should of just used the tv as a screen as I was doing while I waiting for box to arrive.

Options

13161 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7446 Signins

755890 Page Views

• Views: 755890
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-10-22, 16:04 PM

Hi Socketyellow,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I got a feeling that the repair was completed and may be soon sent to you.

I Will send you a private message that you can reply back with information regarding the repair so I can get you further details.

Update back on that PM soon as convenient.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Answer
Options

2 Posts

10-21-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-10-22, 18:37 PM

Oh yeah, it was changed From testing  to returning the day I posted that. thank you for trying to help me some more. Oh wow and as I posted this it arrived.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms