US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Customer Service Complaint

2020-06-04, 0:17 AM

Dear Lenovo Customer Support,

I am writing to complain about my treatment by your Customer Service team.  On Wednesday June 3rd at about 7pm my Lenovo Tiny PC 720 q (serial number s/n *********) arrived in the mail.  I proceeded to open it, connect it to the monitor and access the internet.  The computer told me that it was in airplane mode and that it was looking for an ethernet cable.

I then called Lenovo customer support at 7:16.  The customer support operator took down my information including the serial number and put me on hold.  When she returned, she said that I would be transferred to the Think Center team to resolve my issue.  I then remained on hold for 5-7 minutes.  Eventually, I was hung up on by your customer support.

I called back directly to customer support.  I told them that I had purchased a Tiny PC, could not access the internet and had been hung up on already.  The customer service agent then asked me why I was calling and said that she didn't know what I was talking about.  After a strange few minutes of explaining that I was a Lenovo customer, she asked me what the problem was.  I explained and informed her that the PC was stuck in airplane plane.  She said "well turn it off."  I told her that I could not.  She said "well you must have a system failure."  I asked what to do next.  Things became even more bizarre after this.

She told me she could not even take my complaint because her system was under maintenance.  I asked when she could take my complaint.  She said "I don't know maybe call back in 24 hours."  I then asked to talk with a supervisor.  She asked, "why do you need a supervisor?"  I told her I wasn't satisfied with the service.  She said, "Yes, but why do you need a supervisor for that?"  I demanded "put a supervisor on right now."  She put me on hold for 5 minutes, got back on the line and told me there were no supervisors.  I asked for her name.  She said it was Neo.  I asked for her last name.  She said she was not allowed to give it to me.

This, in short, was wildly unprofessional behavior by your customer support person.  I am now left with a useless computer and wondering what sort of customer support I can expect in the future.  I had far higher hopes for Lenovo and its Tiny PC.

Admin note: s/n edited to prevent potential abuse.

Options

9218 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32618 Signins

1206200 Page Views

• Views: 1206200
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Customer Service Complaint

2020-06-04, 18:34 PM

Hello @BillyWha  Welcome to Community,

I'm sorry you've not had the best experience and would like to pass on your concerns to the appropriate team. Could you provide me with the number which you called and the approximate time you called, the more information you can provide the better but please do not post any personal private information or serial number, I have that already.

Thanks

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

06-04-2020

US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2020-06-04, 19:09 PM

Certainly.  877 453 6686.  I called at about 7:16 pm EST on 6/3.  Today I called a local computer hardware store and they were able to answer my question.  The person on the phone was polite and knowledgeable.  The store had someone call me back within 15 minutes.  I have the same expectation of Lenovo, a company with far greater resources.  Very dissapointed.

Options

3 Posts

06-04-2020

US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2020-06-19, 11:54 AM

As a follow up update, I still have not, 6/19, been contacted by anyone in Lenovo tech support.  I may have mentioned, a local computer store worker helped me to resolve the problem.  However, you would think the company would value my comment enough to follow up with tech.  Dissapointing.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete