cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandro1956
Fanfold Paper
Views: 275
Message 1 of 3

Display issues - no help from anyone!!!!

I have just bought a new thinkpad. The image on its own screen is average and extremely poor when connected to an external monitor. Several calls to various call centres has not resolved the issue. They are not very capable and have no idea what could cause the problem. I am quite sure it is the video card, cabe and monitir work well on other machines, but cannot get anybody to help. Going to Consumer Affairs. Most frustrating experience, really regret buying this product and will not make the same mistake twice

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 235
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display issues - no help from anyone!!!!

Hello Sandro1956, welcome to the communities,

I'd like to try and help if possible and would like to understand what you are experiencing a little better so sorry for the questions in advance.

Which ThinkPad system do you have? If you could post the type and model number or order number this will help identify the system.  If the model or order number contains CTO please describe the key components such as CPU, Graphics and display resolution.

Does the display appear normal to you when no external display is attached?

Could you describe how you are attaching the external display; before starting the system or when it is running?  If when running does what you are experiencing appear immediately or after a few seconds or minutes?

Which type of cable you are using; VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI and whether or not any adapters are in use such as HDMI -> DP?

Is it possible for you to provide some photographs?  Probably best to upload them to a file sharing site and provide links to them in your reply.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Sandro1956
Fanfold Paper
Views: 209
Message 3 of 3

Re: Display issues - no help from anyone!!!!

Which ThinkPad system do you have? If you could post the type and model number or order number this will help identify the system.  If the model or order number contains CTO please describe the key components such as CPU, Graphics and display resolution.

Does the display appear normal to you when no external display is attached?

Could you describe how you are attaching the external display; before starting the system or when it is running?  If when running does what you are experiencing appear immediately or after a few seconds or minutes?

Which type of cable you are using; VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI and whether or not any adapters are in use such as HDMI -> DP?

Is it possible for you to provide some photographs?  Probably best to upload them to a file sharing site and provide links to them in your reply.

HI,

Thank you for your interest.

I have a Thnkpad  E560. I understand the number is ********* 16/3.

ThinkPad E560 - i7 Build Your Own

The dispay on the laptop seems to me rather dull and the colours are dull. I have had Full HD machines before and I know what the colours should look like. The image on this laptop is below standard

The picture quality on an external monitor is terrible. The colours are very bright and washed out, the screen is so bright and text cannot be read. This happens irrespective of when it is connected. I have tested the monitor on other machines, also the HDMI cable, they are OK

I have taken photographs and sent them to the service team. I have received no reply. Another lady told me the email address was wrong, but I am sure I wrote it down correctly. She also told me to run at low resolutions, but this is not fixing the problem, why would I buy this sort of laptop to start with? Unfortunatly I do have a file sharing site available

I think the problem maybe a hardware issue.

I have left messages for the after sales area in Sydney, No call

I have left a message for the escalation team. No call.

I have sent an email, no reply

I have lodged a complaint with NSW Fair Trading. I am at the point I just want to return this and get a refund.

The specs are as below, except the video card. On the Device Manager under Display adapters I can also see an Intel HD Graphics 520 as well as the AMD. I am sure the specs were based on the Intel when I ordered it.

Expand/Collapse All Configuration Items

Processor - Intel Core i7-6500U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.10GHz)

Intel Core i7-6500U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.10GHz)

Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64

Windows 10 Home 64

Display - 15.6 FHD (1920x1080) IPS Non-Touch

15.6 FHD (1920x1080) IPS Non-Touch

Memory - 16GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3L (2 DIMM)

Graphics - AMD Radeon R7 M370 2GB

Display Panel - 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, AntiGlare, Black

15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, AntiGlare, Black

15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, AntiGlare, Black, with 3D Camera

[ add $ 66.00 ]
Keyboard - Keyboard with Number Pad - English

Keyboard with Number Pad - English

Camera - 720p HD Camera with MIC

720p HD Camera with MIC

Hard Drive - 192GB Solid State Drive

Lenovo Recommended

Optical Device - DVD Burner

DVD Burner

Battery - 6 cell Li-Ion Battery 48WH - 75+

6 cell Li-Ion Battery 48WH - 75+

Power Cord - 65W AC Adapter - ANZ (3pin)

65W AC Adapter - ANZ (3pin)

Wireless - Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth combo adapter

Admin note; s/n edited to avoid possible abuse

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors