Brockton, MA, USA

108 Signins

939 Page Views

• Views: 939
  • Message 1 of 4

EZServ Website Issues?

2008-06-08, 0:20 AM
Hello All!

I have a question about IBM's EZServ website [ http://www-306.ibm.com/support/ezserv/index.jsp ]. Whenever I go there, it states:

Our apologies...

The page you requested cannot be displayed

I called up technical support a few days ago to ask about it, and he directed me to the same website. However, it worked when I tried it then!

This raises a few questions...

1) Is the EZServ website only available during the service depot's hours of operation? [I believe I have only tried accessing it on weekends]

2) Why would it display this error if 1) is true? It's misleading. When I first saw that message, I thought the URL printed on my laptop shipping box was incorrect, and that shook my confidence in IBM support (my first thoughts: if they are spreading misinformation on the shipping box, is Lenovo/IBM still in disarray?).

3) If no one else is getting the error I'm receiving: Am I going insane? [Which is quite possible; I miss my ThinkPad VERY VERY much, and having to send it in a second time because they didn't fix (or even address) one of two problems the first time made me a bit furious...]

If this is the wrong forum to post these questions on, I apologize. Since this question is not specific to any model of ThinkPad, I thought this would be the proper forum.

Thanks in advance!

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: EZServ Website Issues?

2008-06-08, 2:41 AM
Nintendud,

Welcome to the forum. :smileyhappy:

Your posting in an appropriate place - thanks!

The depot is doing upgrades to their IT system this past week and so it is possible there is a either maintenance outage, or that the URL will be updated shortly to point to a new status page.   Either way, I understand how not being able to check status could add to your frustration.

If you will send me a private message with your depot case number I will see if I can look it up and get you an update.

Mark.
Options

48 Posts

06-07-2008

Brockton, MA, USA

108 Signins

939 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2008-06-08, 3:28 AM
Thanks for the offer, Mark. I'm sure it hasn't been operated on yet.

Just to clarify: the depot doesn't operate over the weekend, right?

The laptop just arrived at the depot for the second time on Friday, so it probably hasn't been looked at yet. I was just wondering about the webpage, since I will want to check the status Monday night.

It's good to know that this is a temporary issue. I wish they realized how misleading that error is; the least they could do is offer an "Under Construction" message, or something.
Options

48 Posts

06-07-2008

Brockton, MA, USA

108 Signins

939 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2008-06-09, 22:00 PM
I just got my laptop back, and everything's working fine. They replaced the fan this time, too!

With luck, I won't be needing to visit that EZServ website anytime soon.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete