1 Posts

03-12-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Engineer Broke/Damaged Laptop now being told laptop is not covered under warranty

2020-03-12, 16:55 PM

I have a thinkpad laptop which has 3 years onsite warranty in the UK.

I opened a service ticket as I was having issues with the displayport on the laptop.

Service Ticket: 409WR5K on the 23rd January 2020.

On the 14th Feb I was told that an engineer was coming to replace a part on my laptop.

I took time off from work to have the laptop repaired on the 18th Feb. 

When the engineer arrived he was smelling of cigarettes and shaking while attempting to fix the laptop.

He did not use any electricity grounding wristband.

He damaged my laptop significantly. He broke the keyboard keys and made holes in it, and broke the clips around it. He damaged the front bezel.

He scratched the back of the laptop casing and damaged the side of the laptop as well.

After I asked about the damaged he argued with me and my colleague.

I rang up Lenovo customer support and sent in the photos of the damage.

I was told 4 parts were ordered to be replaced.

On the 26th Feb I took time off work again when the engineer came. He fitted the new bezel and keyboard and back case.

He mentioned that one part was not supplied and he was unable to fit the screen casing properly, so the screen bezel is not fitted properly.

Also the red light on the top case is not working properly he mentioned any longer.

When he turned on the laptop the screen was cracked. He said he will contact the office to have it fixed.

When I connected my charger to the laptop it turned off. In order to turn it on I have to press the reset button underneath.

When it turned on the laptop is not recognizing a battery is fitted. When I checked the battery I saw the rubber under the battery is damaged.

Also the laptop will not turn on unless I press the reset button each time.

The charger port and laptop is getting really hot 50'C, which seems dangerous.

Also when the USB or HDMI etc is connected the displayport is turning off and then back on.

My original keyboard I had was a backlit keyboard however the one supplied and fitted by the engineer is not backlit.

Also the casing fitted around the keyboard now has a fingerprint reader, however my laptop did not have this, therefore this does not work.

I am unable to go into work till this is resolved as I the screen does not work as it has been cracked.

I use my laptop for work so this is becoming very frustrating and I have taken off significant time to get my laptop repaired but it is damaged more each time.

Originally I was told by the Lenovo my laptop would be replaced, and now 2 weeks after my case escalation I am being told the warranty does not cover me as I am 2nd user.

Options

43 Posts

04-23-2019

South Africa

46 Signins

559 Page Views

• Views: 559
  • Message 2 of 3

Engineer Broke/Damaged Laptop now being told laptop is not covered under warranty

2020-03-12, 17:53 PM
Hi. How do you post on this forum. They are not user friendly at all on this forum
Options

9876 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32732 Signins

1213335 Page Views

• Views: 1213335
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Engineer Broke/Damaged Laptop now being told laptop is not covered under warranty

2020-03-13, 9:29 AM

Hello @zonda welcome to Community,

Sorry for your experience so far. Your case has been escalated and is being investigated by the Customer Relations Team who will reach out to you when they are finished investigating with potential resolutions.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms