Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SiberiaWolf
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 425
Message 1 of 2

Extend Warranty Issues

Hi all, 

I've purchased Thinkpad T460s on 30.03.2016 in Germany. By default, I had warranty of 36 months "On-Site", but I've upgraded it to Internationally. 

Currently I live in Poland, and actually used the warranty here a few times - works great. 

The Issue: 

My warranty ends on 30.03.2019, and I would like to extend it to 5 years in total (so additional 2 years). 

I've called the Lenovo support in Germany (since I've purchased it in Germany), and the representative (who sounded a bit incompetent) told me that I can extend the warranty to additional 2 years but it will work ONLY in Germany and NOT Internationally. 

That's a huge deal breaker for me:

First of all: I live currently in Poland

Secondly: My work involves a lot of traveling all around the world and staying there for a week or two (sometimes more). 

Therefore, I just MUST have International warranty. 

It is worth  to mention that when you order a new laptop on official Lenovo-Germany  website, during the order you can upgrade the warranty to "5 years - International". That means that in theory, this should be possible. 

Do anyone knows such restriction? If yes, is it possible to overcome it somehow? 

Thanks,

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 330
Message 2 of 2

Re: Extend Warranty Issues

Hello,

Please call the Stuttgart number you previously called and request to upgrade your base warranty to 5 years. The base warranty is and will be recognized internationally, as will any extension, in the countries listed on the IWS site for your system.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/iwslookup

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors