cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marvin04
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 440
Message 1 of 6

FORMAL COMPLAINT - ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3d Gen) Depot Repair Nightmare - Why is it taking so long!?

Case 407HZP9 - Day 31 and I still have not received my laptop (which is still under warranty) from being repaired (issues: touchscreen & LTE stopped working, and stylist pen never worked)...

21 Dec 2018 - Service request opened

27 Dec 2018 - According to the Depot repair webtool.flex.com website, "Lenovo accepts laptop for repair ("Repairs are normally completed and returned to you within 6 business days"), computer in transit & arrived to Repair Center, repair started"

29 Dec 2018 - According to the Depot repair webtool.flex.com website, "Part not available"

07 Jan 2019 - Lenovo repair status website states "Waiting for repair, projected service completion Jan 15". Called the Depot Center 877 273 7835 (option 1) and Spoke to Aqua. Aqua stated the technician was working on it. Then when they got to that part of my laptop they put it on a "parts hold". Awaiting kit screws and labels. Supposed to arrive 12 Jan. Aqua placed my case on "Expedited" status

14 Jan 2019 - Called Customer Support line 800-426-7378 Spoke to Dean. Dean stated my machine is still on expedited status and still awaiting part, Dean said I "Need to call Depot". I called Depot and spoke to Marquis. Marquis confirmed that my machine is on expedited status and still awaiting part.

15 Jan 2019 - According to the Lenovo repair status website, "Part received"

17 Jan 2019 - According to the Deport repair webtool.flex.com website, "Released from hold"

18 Jan 2019 - According to the Lenovo repair status website "Your repair should have been completed 2019-01-18. If you have not been notified or you have not received your repaired machine, please contact us." No one has contacted me about my machine.

21 Jan 2019 - Contacted Depot spoke to Brittany. Brittany stated my part did arrive and repairs are currently being completed. Brittany placed my status on 2nd "expedited status" to complete the repair work asap. Called Customer Support line 800-426-7378 spoke to Tammy. I wanted to understand why there was a difference b/w what was stated on the Lenovo repair status website and what Depot was telling me. Tammy  simply said for me to call Depot. I called Depot again. I spoke to Cristia. She stated repairs are being done and sometimes the website does not update as quickly as what is happening in real time @ the Depot. She confirmed I am on expedited status and my machine has been reassigned to another technician. She hopes it will be completed today…

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 357
Message 2 of 6

Re: FORMAL COMPLAINT - ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3d Gen) Depot Repair Nightmare - Why is it taking so long!?

Hello Marvin04, welcome to the Community,

Sorry to read of your frustration, it looks as though there was a parts delay which has now been resolved. Could I ask you to check your status again; it looks to me as though your system is on its way back to you and should arrive on 22nd before 20:00.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Marvin04
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 338
Message 3 of 6

Re: FORMAL COMPLAINT - ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3d Gen) DEPOT REPAIR NIGHTMARE OF ALL NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!!!!

22 January 2019 - Lenovo rushed completing the repairs to my laptop, it was overnighted, and I received it today. There were 3 issues with my laptop that I sent it to Lenovo for repair: (1) LTE enabled software stopped working; (2) touchscreen stopped working; (3) stylist pen never worked. When I checked the repairs two out of the three items were repaired correctly - the touchscreen and stylist. The LTE still did not work. First, I contacted my broadband wireless provider to ensure that my service was still good to go and it was. Second, I called Lenovo (877 453 6686) and spoke to Courtney. After updating my drivers and troubleshooting the issue she concluded that I was missing the WWAN card! Seriously?! That seems like a huge oversight!

Due to my experience with the Depot I opted for the card to be shipped to me and I will request a local tech company to install it for me. I am supposed to receive the WWAN card this Thursday. Wish me luck.

Bottomline:

Lenovo has had my laptop for over 30 days and it still did not complete my requested repairs. This is UNSATISFACTORY!

**The Lenovo Repair Depot clearly needs better management, supervision, and leadership**

***To say that Lenovo has been a BIG disappointment would be an understatement***

Marvin04
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 335
Message 4 of 6

Re: FORMAL COMPLAINT - ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3d Gen) Depot Repair Nightmare - Why is it taking so long!?

Lenovo is a big disappointment. See my post below.

Marvin04
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 271
Message 5 of 6

UPDATE!!

Computer returned on 25 JAN.  pen working. Touchscreen Working. NO CELLULAR

after troubleshooting with lenovo tech, they decided to send me a WAAN card. 

tookit to Lenoveo Certified installer, WAAN card installed but unable to connect -

given number to software support- only open mon- fri-

called this morning to find out i have to subscribe to software support **bleep**!!!

the CELLULAR WAAN thing is a software support issue and needs to be fixed there is allot of buzz on feeds about BIOS updates and messed up connection to cellular. 

ive been on chat with tech support (software) since 8:30 this morning--they still are hammering that its a sim card issue...

Marvin04
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 248
Message 6 of 6

Re: FORMAL COMPLAINT - ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3d Gen) DEPOT REPAIR NIGHTMARE OF ALL NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!!

Computer returned on 25 JAN.  pen working. Touchscreen Working. NO CELLULAR

after troubleshooting with lenovo tech, they decided to send me a WAAN card. 

tookit to Lenoveo Certified installer, WAAN card installed but unable to connect -

given number to software support- only open mon- fri-

called this morning to find out i have to subscribe to software support **bleep**!!!

the CELLULAR WAAN thing is a software support issue and needs to be fixed there is allot of buzz on feeds about BIOS updates and messed up connection to cellular. 

ive been on chat with tech support (software) since 8:30 this morning--they still are hammering that its a sim card issue...

UPDATE!! It is now 2:53pmest...

After remote access, rebooting, trying three SIM cards and having Verizon Wireless support techs relaying messages; Premium software support, suggests wiping computre back to original configuration. Hard reset of everyting to factory defaults, including Windows 10. This was UNSUCCESSFUL. Upon reboot and a call back at 5:00pm est, Premium software support again remote access latop and was unable to get the cellular card to connect to the cellular broadband LTE network (but the computer recognizes the SIM card again). Premium software support stated they were at the end of the capabilities and handed us back to Customer Service for possible replacement or further repair options. They stated at this point they would pass along all the diagnostics and troubleshooting they attempted and relay the hardware replacement (WWAN card, twice; part # 01AX792)/software updates that occurred so that cusomter service could fully appreciate the lengths that have been taken to repair the cellular capability without success.

UPDATE!! Nightmare continues...

Customer service came on line via telephone and asked if my problem had been resolved!? I said NO, didn't the Premium software tech update you on the status. The rep said Yes and placed me on hold. When another rep returned on the line, it was a different person who had no idea what we were talking about. I explained the situation, starting with the initial problem, the delays at depot, the computer return to us, without a working cellular network and the subsequent tech supoprt conversations which led to replacing the 4G card and the marathon diagnostics, reboots, downloads, and updates performed by Premium softward support. She then stated that this was a problem that technical support would have to deal with and transferred me to tech support in Atlanta GA. I am back where I was on Friday evening, after replacing part #01AX792. Are you kidding? I had to explain what the softward guys did and the Rep then told me that my laptop didn't have cellular capability. I asked her what she meant by that and she said that my WWAN card didn't support cellular broadband. Then she abruptly placed me on hold. After 3 minutes a totally different tech support rep answered the call and asked me "is this a new or existing ticket?" Are you kidding me?! Explanation #4 ensued. I was placed on hold as the tech support rep looked up prior ticket #s and asked if my WiFi was working. I said Yes, it's the cellular part not communicating with the cellular network and a loss of connectivity to a known working SIM card. She said LENOVO doesn't have SIM cards. I almost died. I explained the SIM cards (three that we have tried) are from VERIZON Wireless and have been tested by Verizone while Premium software support was attempting to run diagnostics and fix the cellular problem. Again I was put on hold for about a minute. Then I was transferred to a phone tree that asked options which didn't apply and for any other technical support questions, press 4. I pressed 4 and it told me that "this was not a valid option." I had to call back the customer service # and followed the phone tree to reach technical support again. Explanation #5 ensued. The tech now wanted to create a new case # and send me a box so that the repair for my "WiFi" could be solved. This made me head explode. I then asked for the new case #407PGSM reference case #407NFMW so that all the attempts to fix my laptop would be documented and reviewed by the next tech to receive this at the Depot. I asked her to include the Premium software support case #407P6C7 for a reference as well and Microcenter's repair order #1901250318@@1 for reference as well. She was not going to do that initially. She was just going to create a new case # as if this was the first contact that I had made with LENOVO. She asked me if there was anything else she could do for me and if I was satisfied with the customer service.

I said NO.

I am now awaiting the arrival of my 2nd box from LENOVO and fearful that this is all going to happen again...in "5 to 7 business days".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors