Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sasi318
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

Failed communications in customer service and bad International warranty

Dear Customer Services

I am writing to you to raise an issue about my laptop Lenovo Yoga500-14lBD.  

The issue that I have experienced was: The power button got stuck after trying to turn on the computer on March, 1, 2016. There is no problem with other parts of computer. Only the button malfunctioned. 

Computer was new.  It was purchased in Thailand since Aug 2015 and under global warranty. As i'm currently in UK, I was informed that i should send to Medion in Germany for repair. Customer service of Lenovo informed me that it would take 10 working days to complete and would inform whether item can be fixed or not or whether it required spare parts (during process). She is also aware of serial number and location I bought.

After two weeks, it has been sent back to me on Monday 14 March with short reply "unrepaired and send bacK" with no further clarification. So i am unsure if it "hasnt been" repaired or it "can not" be repaired. I called them the next day (Tue 14 March) and Lenovo response was that they have the same response from medion recorded in system. They also don't know why it wasnt fixed and will raise issue to medion.. I've been asked to wait two days for response from Medion.

On Wed 16 Mar I called Medion again. Their feedback was that they are sorry. They can’t repair due to spare parts. But they have not included details in the paper I receive when product was returned. They say it wasn’fixed as it was third party computer not medion computer. They would be able to fix if product was bought in UK.Another Medion actually called back and explained that I should contact Thailand due to spare parts since they can’t find it in EU.

This is acceptable. First, Thailand Lenovo should not guarantee international warranty if they can’t do what they promise. Second, Lenovo customer service should have told me that if it is not purchased in Uk, then it can’t be fixed. She was aware of model, serial number, warranty and issue with power button. If MEdion can’t fix certain model I should have to waste two weeks of process knowing it can’t be completed. Third, Medion should provide a well clarified answer from beginning.

Lastly, the design/model could be a manufacturing fault. I only use it 6-7 months there shouldn’t be problem with power button. I also didn’t try to push using tools. I’m just a female trying to turn on my computer and it got stuck during my second attempt. Furthermore, the screw from back cover was loose. I found one of them on my carpet a week before computer button got stuck. Back then I didn’t realise it was from computer. I never try to open the back cover so I believe the production does not pass the QC standard.

. I don't have computer to work and if i have to buy new one its just not right. If this cant be solved, i will definite share by bad experience on every channels i could try. It has been the worst experience ever and I will no longer trust the company.

Either Repair it or offer new one. It's only a power button i don;t deserve to buy new computer based on only the fault in one button.

If the company expects me to send my computer across the world to Thailand everytime there is a problem, then please do not sell the warranty.

Regards

Sasipa Khamklai

My details

Sasipa Khamklai

Shop bought: Lenovo Blue Shop, official store in Thailand

Price: 27xxx Baht or approx. 600 Pounds

Model: Lenovo Yoga 500 -14lBD, S/N **************
Reference: customer ref no. with Lenovo 1605039760 

Medion order no. 8001140967
Current Address: *************, UK

Date when problem detected Mar 1, 16

Tel *************

Mod's Edit: Removed personal information from public view to prevent unwanted use of that information.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 191
Message 2 of 4

Re: Failed communications in customer service and bad International warranty

Hi Sasipa, welcome to the community,

sorry to have to read about your experience. I will ask this to be looked into to see how we can be of assistance; I can certainly agree with you that you should have been provided with a valid reason for your system being returned to you unrepaired and apologise for that oversight.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Sasi318
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 3 of 4

I have now sent my computer back to Thailand for repair. I cost me money to send back and will cost me again in sending it back here

So at this point Lenovo can't reimburse or help with anything apart from apologizing right?

I just need some answer so I could proceed the next step.

Regards

Sasipa

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 122
Message 4 of 4

Hello Sasi318,

this obviously hasn't been easy for you and I apologise for that, I've passed your comments on and requested that someone reach out to you and discuss the situation with  you.

Regards

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors